FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1887866-stop-shop-giant-supermarkets-gas-rewards-points-gift-card-purchases-2018-24-a.html)

yoyo Jan 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by SpongyBard (Post 29293217)
Yep showed up for me this morning. But then I went to Shell and even though it said I have $3.80/gal off, I got no discount :rolleyes:

You are not the only one. I think there is some system issue going on today. Station used to work stopped working today.

Bigzamboni Jan 14, 2018 9:54 pm

10x on eBay and Footlocker starting 1/19

jmorgans Jan 15, 2018 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni (Post 29293623)
10x on eBay and Footlocker starting 1/19

How do you find out this early?

gw14 Jan 15, 2018 7:29 am

Originally Posted by jmorgans (Post 29294569)

1/19 circulars delivered to my S&S yesterday.

Bigzamboni Jan 15, 2018 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by jmorgans (Post 29294569)

Usually by Sunday or Monday you can find the next week's scanned ads on various couponing blogs. If you search Google for "giant preview (upcoming Friday date)" or "stop & shop circular (date)" they'll come up.

jmorgans Jan 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by Bigzamboni (Post 29295973)
Usually by Sunday or Monday you can find the next week's scanned ads on various couponing blogs. If you search Google for "giant preview (upcoming Friday date)" or "stop & shop circular (date)" they'll come up.

Thanks!

Sandybestdog Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am

I was buying VGC's a month ago from Giant using two different Mastercard's and the points were posting fine. But then I used it for two large transactions with both cards and nothing posted. I tried about 10 days ago and again nothing. I have confirmed the card is linked in my fuel rewards account. Does anybody have any ideas as to why they aren't posting? Thanks

devastitis Jan 16, 2018 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog (Post 29299524)
I was buying VGC's a month ago from Giant using two different Mastercard's and the points were posting fine. But then I used it for two large transactions with both cards and nothing posted. I tried about 10 days ago and again nothing. I have confirmed the card is linked in my fuel rewards account. Does anybody have any ideas as to why they aren't posting? Thanks

have you checked to see if you reached the $125 max for the promotion?

Sandybestdog Jan 16, 2018 10:05 am

Originally Posted by devastitis (Post 29299641)

have you checked to see if you reached the $125 max for the promotion?

I don't think I have. I just checked and not including the $1.50 redemptions, I'm right around $13. I don't have any Mastercard's left that offer cashback to test it with. I have my fuel rewards and Giant card linked on the same account.

emmanuel_t Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sandybestdog (Post 29299820)
I don't think I have. I just checked and not including the $1.50 redemptions, I'm right around $13. I don't have any Mastercard's left that offer cashback to test it with. I have my fuel rewards and Giant card linked on the same account.

If you have a Debit Mastercard, then you can test by registering it with FRN and making a small purchase (like a single banana, about $0.15). If you do that, make sure to charge as "credit" – bypass the PIN with the green key.

iahphx Jan 17, 2018 8:41 pm

Does anyone know whether buying Visa/MC gift cards in the Acme/Sunoco gas rewards program always triggers fuel credits? I have some California travelling to do and I know I can get a dollar off at Vons gas stations in California with my Acme program enrollment. But right now I only have 50 cents in credits left from discounted Acme MC/Visa gift card purchases I made last month (they expire at the end of the following month). I barely pay attention to the Acme program (because the Giant program is better) but since I have a minimum spend to make on a Visa card (can't get a 15 cent/gallon bonus in the Shell Fuel Rewards program for that), I figure it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy a gift card at Acme if will trigger gas rewards. My past experience would suggest it will. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Chelski Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am

Deleted post. I forgot this was the S&S/Giant thread with all the fuel rewards posts.

makelab Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm

can you do any gift card purchases at self checkout? $400 limit? would be nice with the 10x ebay.

Bullchan Jan 19, 2018 7:44 am

points didn't post on ebay variable 15-500 card this AM. was given a number to call. ugh

iahphx Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm

Here's a heads up that will probably help someone. I got my wife a JetBlue Barclay's mastercard -- largely because we needed a mastercard with a supermarket bonus for Giant. Her card came and we registered it will Fuel Rewards. Everything worked fine. But then we ordered a companion card for myself so I could also maximize our Giant spending. I made a small GC purchase ($150 in Sears money for last week's 10x) and didn't earn any Fuel Rewards. What I'm realizing I did wrong is that Barclays -- unlike all the other Visa and MC issuers I know -- issued me a different card number from my wife's. As I said, I've never seen this before, except with AMEX cards where companion cards always have different numbers. So now I've registered my Jetblue card and I should be fine, and my mistake only cost me a couple bucks at the Shell station.