Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

Giftcards.com (and giftcardmall) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/ every 48 hours (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). However, system will reportedly "error out" if more than two orders are attempted within two days.

Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen to save money.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.

Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
statement cycle just closed and no bonus after min spend on gc.com. Simon dosnt work either. GCM used to work so I'm gonna try it in this cycle.
What card? Hilton biz gccom counted for msr for me.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by asot550
What card? Hilton biz gccom counted for msr for me.

Blue Business Plus Card

Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by cdog999
At least I can get back to my more manageable number of orders now. That didn't last long.
seriously. i'm backlogged about $100k at this point. will be nice to spend the week to catch back up. i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. now we pray for payout. none of mine are confirmed and it's been just over 3 weeks from the earliest orders.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
seriously. i'm backlogged about $100k at this point. will be nice to spend the week to catch back up. i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. now we pray for payout. none of mine are confirmed and it's been just over 3 weeks from the earliest orders.
How did you bypass the 5K / 48 limit?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by wyogold
How did you bypass the 5K / 48 limit?
What method do you think they're using to enforce a limit?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
If what you portray is true, i'm sure your habits contribute to the decline of certain avenues.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
If what you portray is true, i'm sure your habits contribute to the decline of certain avenues.
Could be two players, 21 days of ordering at $2.5k, and no cash out yet... That would get you to $105,000 during the 2% window. That being said, I don't know why you would order that much if you weren't liquidating as orders came in.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:37 pm

What method do you think they're using to enforce a limit?
We can play guess all day or you can just share as I and others have done to your benefit.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: MR, TYP
Are you guys still ordering from giftcard.com? Right now it only gives 1.25% or 1%, and I think Giftcardmall might be more profitable considering less fees and free shipping. Plus, cards come activated already and they are visas.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by wyogold
We can play guess all day or you can just share as I and others have done to your benefit.
Like leaving your tab open longer after ordering
cloudskipper likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 9:07 am

Like leaving your tab open longer after ordering
Like finding out and sharing which design yielded double the regular CB.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Anyone else not getting emails from gcc? Used to get an email on submission, one once confirmed, and then tracking info once sent. I haven't been getting any of these. No settings have changed, my correct email address is listed on gcc, and I've checked spam folder etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This has started in the last week.

Edit: Changing email address didn't work. This is really bothersome, since I'm not getting USPS tracking info. Also, need order email for missing portal tracking. Even resending to a new email address doesn't work.

Last edited by NeGourmand; Oct 3, 2018 at 8:49 am Reason: update
Old Oct 3, 2018, 6:10 am

I got emails on Monday and today, but I am having trouble submitting. The order today were created, but it did not submit all the way. I get this message for over 3 minutes:

Submitting Order ...
Order submission can take up to a minute. Please don't close this window or navigate away until this process is complete.

Update: Even though the orders did not submit all the way, they are confirmed now.

Last edited by Travelz; Oct 3, 2018 at 6:32 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by NeGourmand
Anyone else not getting emails from gcc? Used to get an email on submission, one once confirmed, and then tracking info once sent. I haven't been getting any of these. No settings have changed, my correct email address is listed on gcc, and I've checked spam folder etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated. This has started in the last week.

Edit: Changing email address didn't work. This is really bothersome, since I'm not getting USPS tracking info. Also, need order email for missing portal tracking. Even resending to a new email address doesn't work.
Just check it using the "Track Order" under "More".

Also sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.
cloudskipper and NeGourmand like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: UR, Marriott, AA, WN, Chick Fil A Red
Originally Posted by gw14
Just check it using the "Track Order" under "More".

Also sign up for USPS Informed Delivery.
Thanks, that gets me the tracking info. Odd that it just stopped emailing though. Already have Informed delivery, but that just let's me know the day it's arriving, not when it has been shipped. Either way, tracking by the order number is a viable workaround for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.