USAA Limitless for MS

Old Apr 15, 17, 7:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
USAA Limitless for MS

Hello

Has anyone tried using the USAA limitless for MS (buying GC) Any issues with getting shut down?

Last edited by stockpile; Apr 16, 17 at 12:00 am
stockpile is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 7:20 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Land of the parrots and parrotheads
Programs: Several dozen
Posts: 4,818
USAA, IMHO, is pretty conservative so proceed with caution.
AlohaDaveKennedy is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 8:51 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,081
Wondering the same thing here... Also, wondering when they'll just open it up to all states (mine isn't included in their "Pilot" yet).
cdog999 is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 12:51 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 121
Rewards post when the transaction posts (typically within two days) rather than when the statement posts.

I would still be cautious about cycling credit limits, but light and maybe not blatantly obvious MS should be okay.
stuntgoats is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 2:33 pm
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by stockpile View Post
Hello

Has anyone tried using the USAA limitless for MS (buying GC) Any issues with getting shut down?
Have not had any issues so far. Not crushing it but not kid gloves either.
Renes Points is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 3:09 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: DCA
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, SPG/Marriott/HHonors Gold, *A Gold (SAS EuroBonus)
Posts: 782
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post
Have not had any issues so far. Not crushing it but not kid gloves either.
Have you been cycling CL? If so how many times per cycle? Also curious if you have the Alliant 3% card how that is going I did 75% of CL my first cycle with Alliant (still waiting on it to close before repeating).
bodiddely is offline  
Old Apr 17, 17, 4:32 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Look up - On a ✈ DELTA ✈ jet NOW!
Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Posts: 4,178
Originally Posted by bodiddely View Post
Have you been cycling CL? If so how many times per cycle? Also curious if you have the Alliant 3% card how that is going I did 75% of CL my first cycle with Alliant (still waiting on it to close before repeating).
Try to avoid cycling on any cards. Well, other than C1 that I don't care if they dump me for life cuz they are, well, C1
Renes Points is offline  
Old Apr 30, 17, 10:58 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
Is ms even really worth it with this card, if you say buy 4 cards at $500 each to equal $2k.
You would get $50 -$5.95/$4.95 VGC =$30.2/$26.2 - $1.40 MO = $28.6/24.6 for all that driving around and risking a credit card shut down.
AceM is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 4:34 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IAD
Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by AceM View Post
Is ms even really worth it with this card, if you say buy 4 cards at $500 each to equal $2k.
You would get $50 -$5.95/$4.95 VGC =$30.2/$26.2 - $1.40 MO = $28.6/24.6 for all that driving around and risking a credit card shut down.
YMMV

What is worth it to you may not be worth it to someone else.
Net $33.60 per four card cycle if you buy at Simon and liquidate two per MO at WM
DeaconY is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 2:33 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 105
I completely agree. I am new to MS and from all the articles i looked it seemed as though they were making quite a bit.

I did find a simon mall 45 mins away from me. Perhaps if i did it every 24 hrs i would have $900+ per mth so with that logic yes it is worth it.
AceM is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 2:56 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: IAD
Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Posts: 447
Originally Posted by AceM View Post
I completely agree. I am new to MS and from all the articles i looked it seemed as though they were making quite a bit.

I did find a simon mall 45 mins away from me. Perhaps if i did it every 24 hrs i would have $900+ per mth so with that logic yes it is worth it.
MS is very much like real estate. Location, location, location.
DeaconY is offline  
Old May 1, 17, 9:55 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 373
I wouldn't ever risk my relationship with USAA since they have been so good to me over the years. Don't **** where you eat.
eccentricfusion is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: