All things Paypal (2017-2019)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 18, 18, 6:12 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Wiki Link
This is the 2017 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The 2016 thread is here. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 12, 17, 10:55 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 82
Thanks for letting me know.
NikSem is offline  
Old Aug 14, 17, 1:34 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Left Coast
Programs: UA 1K & MM, HH Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Posts: 1,210
Originally Posted by NikSem View Post
Thanks for letting me know.
My Q was do PP MC transactions post in ET or CT?
weezl is offline  
Old Aug 27, 17, 11:42 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Good info in this thread for sure! But been having some issues lately. My account got limited which PayPal says due to suspicious activity. They said to resolve it to complete the requests in the resolution center. Now the issue is, there is nothing in the resolution center.

I called them up and they said if there is nothing there, then that means it is a permanent limitation that cannot be appealed. Tried to get answers from them multiple times, but they all said the same thing. They no longer want to offer their services to me.

Still, I have no clue what they mean by suspicious activity. All I was doing was loading my account with the mycash cards. So I have no idea how they consider that suspicious.

I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten a permanent Paypal account re-opened? Would hate to lose Paypal since I use them for a lot of my transactions.
JeremyBorat is offline  
Old Aug 27, 17, 12:15 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,699
Originally Posted by JeremyBorat View Post
Good info in this thread for sure! But been having some issues lately. My account got limited which PayPal says due to suspicious activity. They said to resolve it to complete the requests in the resolution center. Now the issue is, there is nothing in the resolution center.

I called them up and they said if there is nothing there, then that means it is a permanent limitation that cannot be appealed. Tried to get answers from them multiple times, but they all said the same thing. They no longer want to offer their services to me.

Still, I have no clue what they mean by suspicious activity. All I was doing was loading my account with the mycash cards. So I have no idea how they consider that suspicious.

I am wondering if anyone has ever gotten a permanent Paypal account re-opened? Would hate to lose Paypal since I use them for a lot of my transactions.
when was the last time you loaded with MC cards? It has been a while since PPal revised loading of accounts via MCs strictly using barcodes presented to drugstores + $3.95 fee paid ONLY in cash. IOW, it's dead for MS with this development.

If you have loaded your acct with MCs prior to April 2017 when they still allowed loading with PPMC scratch offs paid with CCs, how were you unloading them? If you were transfering them to your bank account, that is frowned upon by paypal; the only thing acceptable to them is using those funds to purchase from online websites or ebay. Anything aside of that is considered suspicious to them.

Sad to say, decision of their strict compliance dept is often final. You can try to fight it and be the DP you want to see and report here.
Mamibear is offline  
Old Aug 28, 17, 11:27 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Mamibear View Post
when was the last time you loaded with MC cards? It has been a while since PPal revised loading of accounts via MCs strictly using barcodes presented to drugstores + $3.95 fee paid ONLY in cash. IOW, it's dead for MS with this development.

If you have loaded your acct with MCs prior to April 2017 when they still allowed loading with PPMC scratch offs paid with CCs, how were you unloading them? If you were transfering them to your bank account, that is frowned upon by paypal; the only thing acceptable to them is using those funds to purchase from online websites or ebay. Anything aside of that is considered suspicious to them.

Sad to say, decision of their strict compliance dept is often final. You can try to fight it and be the DP you want to see and report here.
Last time I loaded was a couple months back. I would load my account to make purchases on eBay and a couple of other shopping sites. But I am totally confused on how they can consider that to be suspicious.

I am trying to weight out my options on how I can use PayPal again since I have done lots of transactions with them with no prior problems or issues. Having this happen all of a sudden is just rather odd and confusing.
JeremyBorat is offline  
Old Aug 28, 17, 2:00 pm
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,699
Originally Posted by JeremyBorat View Post
Last time I loaded was a couple months back. I would load my account to make purchases on eBay and a couple of other shopping sites. But I am totally confused on how they can consider that to be suspicious.

I am trying to weight out my options on how I can use PayPal again since I have done lots of transactions with them with no prior problems or issues. Having this happen all of a sudden is just rather odd and confusing.
If I were you and I'm 100% sure that I didn't violate any of their TOS, I will fight the limitation of my account. If, however, aside from purchasing merchandise online you also transfered funds to anyone with a paypal acct who transfered the money to their bank account, they will be able to trace this and will possibly also shutdown the person's acct.
Mamibear is offline  
Old Sep 4, 17, 11:26 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
I tried to reason with them, but they are just not budging. Seems hopeless.

I want to create a new account, but am afraid if they catch me, they will just close it down.

I cam across this guide that teaches you on how to create a new account: https://www.slideshare.net/AuctionEssistance/ebay-incognitostealth
But is it safe? I would hate to put all that work in for a new account just to have it go to waste.
JeremyBorat is offline  
Old Sep 4, 17, 1:28 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3,699
Originally Posted by JeremyBorat View Post
I tried to reason with them, but they are just not budging. Seems hopeless.

I want to create a new account, but am afraid if they catch me, they will just close it down.

I cam across this guide that teaches you on how to create a new account: https://www.slideshare.net/AuctionEs...cognitostealth

But is it safe? I would hate to put all that work in for a new account just to have it go to waste.
you can try but there's no guarantees that your new account won't be found out and shut down. I've read many of the veteran bloggers have tried to make new accounts, they thought they succeeded only for their accounts to be shutdown by the 2nd month. It doesn't mean you'll have the same experience,who knows you'll succeed?
Mamibear is offline  
Old Nov 20, 17, 8:07 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Programs: All of them.
Posts: 8
A) I open a Chase & United Mileage Plus Explorer Credit Card Account
B) I the United Mileage Plus Explorer card to transfer $2000 to my friends PayPal
C) I pay the 60 dollar fee for the transaction
D) A few days later, my friend transfers the $2000 directly from PayPal to my Chase checking account
E) I receive the sign on bonus immediately after the $2000 transaction to my friends PayPal is completed.

I'm only doing MS one time, will this work out? Or do I need to get another card from another bank? Or a non-bank affiliated card?
And on step D, does my friend first need to transfer the $2000 to his bank before transferring to my checking account? Or can he do it directly from PayPal without any issues?

Unrelated: Is there any way I can transfer United miles to USD? Or transfer to Chase Ultimate Rewards?

Please answer ASAP, I'm leaving for travel in a little over a month.

Last edited by flytheworld198; Nov 20, 17 at 8:41 am
flytheworld198 is offline  
Old Nov 21, 17, 5:43 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by flytheworld198 View Post
A) I open a Chase & United Mileage Plus Explorer Credit Card Account
B) I the United Mileage Plus Explorer card to transfer $2000 to my friends PayPal
C) I pay the 60 dollar fee for the transaction
D) A few days later, my friend transfers the $2000 directly from PayPal to my Chase checking account
E) I receive the sign on bonus immediately after the $2000 transaction to my friends PayPal is completed.

I'm only doing MS one time, will this work out? Or do I need to get another card from another bank? Or a non-bank affiliated card?
And on step D, does my friend first need to transfer the $2000 to his bank before transferring to my checking account? Or can he do it directly from PayPal without any issues?

Unrelated: Is there any way I can transfer United miles to USD? Or transfer to Chase Ultimate Rewards?

Please answer ASAP, I'm leaving for travel in a little over a month.
You should be fine,
Only problem i could think of is your bank is on your own paypal and his paypal?
winterpeas is offline  
Old Jul 17, 18, 7:53 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Posts: 1,103
PayPal Business Debit card is closing[for personal accounts]

Just received this email from paypal, anybody else affected? Do you plan to try to get paypal business account?

The PayPal Business Debit Card is now exclusively for businesses.Since you have a PayPal personal account, you'll need to switch to the PayPal Cash Mastercard®1 before your current PayPal Business Debit Card closes on September 4, 2018.

The PayPal Cash Card does not have a 1% cash back benefit.
dsauch is offline  
Old Jul 18, 18, 12:21 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 11
Just convert to a business account.w
GreaterIndy is offline  
Old Jul 18, 18, 10:49 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 381
Originally Posted by dsauch View Post
Just received this email from paypal, anybody else affected? Do you plan to try to get paypal business account?

The PayPal Business Debit Card is now exclusively for businesses.Since you have a PayPal personal account, you'll need to switch to the PayPal Cash Mastercard®1 before your current PayPal Business Debit Card closes on September 4, 2018.

The PayPal Cash Card does not have a 1% cash back benefit.
DOC says it's happening to everybody. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypa...or-businesses/
Klemhuzzah is offline  
Old Jul 19, 18, 11:14 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Posts: 1,103
does having business account have any negative impact in any way? seems like i have an option to "upgrade", not sure if they let me just keep the card after it.
dsauch is offline  
Old Aug 5, 18, 9:40 pm
  #60  
CDO
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 354
Are paypal cash cards still around or has it been discontinued?
CDO is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread