Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flymax77
This is the 2016 Master thread for the "All Things Paypal" thread. The previous 2013-2014 megathread is here. The previous 2015 megathread is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
UPDATE: Reports are that it now resets at 3:00 AM EST (12:00 AM PST)
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:1.Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
2.Go to settings (it is the gear)
3.Choose selling tools on the left
4.Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
5.On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
6.Be sure that NO is chosen
7.Save and you are done

Also - if you wait 30 minutes between purchase and loading, this usually avoids the loading error (some type of fraud control)

Activity Leading to Shutdown
- $1-2k PPMC Loads, Serve Withdrawls and some small Debit card transactions
- $4k/month PPMC loads to accounts A/B/C, let fund sit for a few days, transfer all to account D, let funds sit for a few says, ACH full $12k. Account D also used for normal (but infrequent) PP activity. Continued for about 6 months until received warning emails on all 4 accounts.

Buying/Reloading My Cash Cards
https://www.paypal-cash.com/where_to_buy.html

Stores Hard Coded Against Credit Reloads (Reusing Cards):
Family Dollar
Dollar General
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

All things PAYPAL (2016)

Originally Posted by greatname
Can you try it and let us know? I just think that Buxx might be similar to Serve - a re-loadable prepaid product. I dont know how soon paypal is gonna catch up on that.
Buxx will be a purchase. I'd moderate and not do 8x $500/month.

Lots of people are still using PPDBMC for Serve. As long as there is other activity without PPMC, I personally think it is fine.

I know the idea was to get PPMC involved, but I think that's where all the risk is.

Last edited by thisguyoverhere; Jan 3, 2016 at 12:12 pm
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:22 am

Does anyone have any tips for getting large debit purchases through? I tried a $2,300 payment over the phone the other day using PIN-less debit w/ PPBDC and it was declined.

No reason specified, can't find any alert / information in my paypal account or e-mail. Didn't want to call for obvious reasons. My PP -> Serve loads are still working just fine.

Any ideas? I figured it would be similar to a fraud alert on a CC but I found nothing.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by mandj
Does anyone have any tips for getting large debit purchases through? I tried a $2,300 payment over the phone the other day using PIN-less debit w/ PPBDC and it was declined.

No reason specified, can't find any alert / information in my paypal account or e-mail. Didn't want to call for obvious reasons. My PP -> Serve loads are still working just fine.

Any ideas? I figured it would be similar to a fraud alert on a CC but I found nothing.
The PPDMC daily spending limit is $3,000. *edit* never mind, I thought you said $3,200.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:40 pm

~6 YO account was shutdown for using the PPDMC with RadPad. Oh well...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:34 pm
kd_

Originally Posted by coolblues
Seriously? Just RadPad or were you mixing in MC cards? What was their justification?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by coolblues
Shoot. I just signed up for RadPad. Was this PP biz account? Did they shut down your personal account also? And were they legit rent payments?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:49 pm

Searched but couldn't really find an answer for this:

Let's say I used my PPBDMC to pay my Citi bill of $200, but I don't have any funds in my Paypal account. Would PPBDMC pull from my backup source, even if it's a CC? Or would it pull straight from my bank account? Or would the transaction be declined altogether?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by wtg_miro

Let's say I used my PPBDMC to pay my Citi bill of $200, but I don't have any funds in my Paypal account. Would PPBDMC pull from my backup source, even if it's a CC? Or would it pull straight from my bank account? Or would the transaction be declined altogether?
AFAIK you cannot set your CC as a backup funding source.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by wtg_miro

the only CC that PP allows as back up to PPBDC is PPExtrasMC CC. It won't also pull funds from your bank account when you have no available funds.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:48 pm

Just want to report a person experience with error code 203. I bought the cards a while ago (a few weeks) and tried to load them today. I'm out of town. Got the 203 error code. REad the previous paypal thread and someone speculated that it may be geographical. So, I used my vpn to go to a location near my home where I purchased them, and then the load worked fine.
Best of luck to anyone else with this problem, I was worried I'd be sending in receipts, but the location fixed it.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
With the closing of BB - I am thinking of using PP to meet minimum spend requirements for CC bonuses.

Is it safe to send money to friends using credit cards (pay the 2.9%+30c) fees, then withdraw money to bank, have friend send back the money through his CC incurring same fee while we both hit min spends?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by fcgoal
Just want to report a person experience with error code 203. I bought the cards a while ago (a few weeks) and tried to load them today. I'm out of town. Got the 203 error code. REad the previous paypal thread and someone speculated that it may be geographical. So, I used my vpn to go to a location near my home where I purchased them, and then the load worked fine.
Best of luck to anyone else with this problem, I was worried I'd be sending in receipts, but the location fixed it.
It's absolutely geographical. Don't travel, load up on PPMC and then expect to load without issues back home unless you're well versed in VPN hijinks. Buying and loading in the same area works fine though. It seems like they have a pretty unsophisticated fraud algorithm and, being PayPal, they don't give a crap if it affects the customer.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by AmeriKop45
With the closing of BB - I am thinking of using PP to meet minimum spend requirements for CC bonuses.

Is it safe to send money to friends using credit cards (pay the 2.9%+30c) fees, then withdraw money to bank, have friend send back the money through his CC incurring same fee while we both hit min spends?
since you're both paying the fee and it's for all purposes of deniability, you and your friend "lending" money to eachother. At 2.9% though you have better options like Plastiq
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by coronalforce
since you're both paying the fee and it's for all purposes of deniability, you and your friend "lending" money to eachother. At 2.9% though you have better options like Plastiq
So is that a yes or a no? Sorry I'm confused. 1) I want to know if PP/Plastiq will shut us down. 2) Would there be a tax liability since there is no interest charged?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Did anyone else get a notice today about a class action settlement against Paypal for allegations that Paypal "improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts"?

I wonder if this includes closures for loading PPMC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.