Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex business gold card for debit card purchase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN

Does anyone know if you purchase pin enabled VISA gift cards with a Amex Gold card if it counts toward the spend limit, or is it coded as a monetary transaction?
Old May 28, 2016, 5:00 pm

Depends where you purchase it... Bank/CU=probably CA. Grocery/drugstore/gas station, probably purchase..
Old May 29, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by CWAL
Depends where you purchase it... Bank/CU=probably CA. Grocery/drugstore/gas station, probably purchase..
Probably right. I definitely purchased several VGCs at WM with my Business Gold card to meet minimum spend - those purchases *did* count toward meeting the min spend, and I also got rewards points for them. This was about a year ago, and it's not likely to have changed.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Does anyone know if you purchase pin enabled VISA gift cards with a Amex Gold card if it counts toward the spend limit, or is it coded as a monetary transaction?
only the fixed $500 vgc found in the deli dept will count as a cash advance.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA, WN
[QUOTE=Electroman;26698406]Probably right. I definitely purchased several VGCs at WM with my Business Gold card to meet minimum spend - those purchases *did* count toward meeting the min spend, and I also got rewards points for them. This was about a year ago, and it's not likely to have changed.[/What about Simon Mall cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.