Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Paying Apartment Rent to meet Credit card spending Requirement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: sansol

I might have answered already, if so can anyone point me to correct thread.

I want to pay off my rent using credit card to meet minimum spending requirement. Are there any good options other than plastiq that charges low processing fees than 2.5%.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Radpad and rentpayment.com are a few others I know of
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Radpad's charges 3.49% for non MasterCard credit cards.
RentPayment is 2.95% for all Credit cards.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: Southwest RR
Get a paypal master debit. Then use your cc for reloads and pay rent for zero fees with the debit card. Btw the mc earns 1% cash back so you come out a little bit ahead if you do max reloads of $500 at a time.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fredmc2020
Get a paypal master debit. Then use your cc for reloads and pay rent for zero fees with the debit card. Btw the mc earns 1% cash back so you come out a little bit ahead if you do max reloads of $500 at a time.
thanks i think this might work.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:36 pm

Making sure I understand: [(CC > $500 VGC > Paypal) x Rinse and Repeat] > PP Business Debit Mastercard > RadPad > rent check

I've read PP shutting accounts down for depositing My Cash cards into PP, how is it any different when you deposit VGCs?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by anonim
Making sure I understand: [(CC > $500 VGC > Paypal) x Rinse and Repeat] > PP Business Debit Mastercard > RadPad > rent check

I've read PP shutting accounts down for depositing My Cash cards into PP, how is it any different when you deposit VGCs?
Can confirm PP shutdown after first Radpad payment.... 8 Year old account gone...Poof
Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Southwest RR
Originally Posted by coolblues
Can confirm PP shutdown after first Radpad payment.... 8 Year old account gone...Poof
I've been doing this for over 6 months with no issues. You sure it was for the radpad charge and not withdrawing funds to your bank account? I know they flag you for mycash>pp>bank withdrawal.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
can you buy $500 paypal reloads at any office supply stores with credit card?

Or only at Rite-Aid with credit card?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

If i need to pay rent of $1500 for example and max reload you can do on VGC's is $500
that mean i will end up using at least 3 VGC's to cover the rent. my questions is services like Radpad payment and other alike do they accept multiple cards in a single transaction
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by sandeepsolanki
If i need to pay rent of $1500 for example and max reload you can do on VGC's is $500
that mean i will end up using at least 3 VGC's to cover the rent. my questions is services like Radpad payment and other alike do they accept multiple cards in a single transaction
no, only one card can be used on rad pad.

And you have to give them a copy of your lease and drivers license that matches the monthly rent payment you are instructing radpad to pay.

I signed up yesterday, and was instantly emailed for verification of lease and drivers license.

I sent the requested documents, and I was approved and setup within an hour.^
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by flymax77
can you buy $500 paypal reloads at any office supply stores with credit card?

Or only at Rite-Aid with credit card?
bump
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:16 am

Instead of risking your paypal getting shut down how about this. CC->VCG->MO and just pay your rent with the MO.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 7:43 am

Citi AT&T Access More + Radpad is the best !
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by flymax77
bump
no

check other drugstores

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.