Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Posts for 2018 on this topic are here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1885680-mgc-sam-s-club-2018-a.html

Always test one gc before buying too many that you cannot liquidate.

As of 6/2017:

HB Vanilla mc & visa issued by Bancorp - liquidate at PO or some grocery stores, not WM. The Bancorp gcs are easier to liquidate.

Vanilla mc issued by MetaBank - might be able to liquidate at Kmart BP, Paypal, not WM or PO.
Print Wikipost

MGC at Sam's Club(2016-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by shitrus
I regularly buy 10k per day (the max allowable from sams), fill out the forms, and everyone knows me at the store, including the manager.

You guys do MS all wrong if you think thats bringing attention to yourself the wrong way.
Same at lots of places. Develop a relationship and its seen as normal. One of my go to stores just had a management turnover so I lowered the volume down a bit to build up the relationship with them.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by shitrus
I regularly buy 10k per day (the max allowable from sams), fill out the forms, and everyone knows me at the store, including the manager.

You guys do MS all wrong if you think thats bringing attention to yourself the wrong way.
Similar type of forms like for SM?

Need SSN in form?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
just need drivers license and phone number
Old Jun 5, 2017, 3:27 pm

I mean I completely agree with you. I routinely do 10K at simon. Obviously the game is take it slow & steady, but by any measures when the store employees get suspicious and you start sending someone else to do your bidding...it is by any means a sign to chill out.
Idk my goal has always been to fly under the radar.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:23 pm

Does meta ovmc from sams work at MW or PO?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by luckypra
Does meta ovmc from sams work at MW or PO?
have you read the wiki?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by lumangoy
have you read the wiki?
It says about meta vanilla mc, meta ovmc same ? Visa Meta from SnS works at WM.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 1:34 pm

Bought 3 Meta Bank OVMC from Sams Club. Tried redeeming for MO on grocery stores and it did not work as suggested on Wiki. Went to KMart and requested for BP. The BP system is not working at KMart. There is only one Kmart nearby. I bought OVMC without checking the Wiki. Can someone please help me how to redeem these 3 GCs for MO/BP? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:21 am

MO @ PO

Originally Posted by ramamosn
Bought 3 Meta Bank OVMC from Sams Club. Tried redeeming for MO on grocery stores and it did not work as suggested on Wiki. Went to KMart and requested for BP. The BP system is not working at KMart. There is only one Kmart nearby. I bought OVMC without checking the Wiki. Can someone please help me how to redeem these 3 GCs for MO/BP? Thanks in advance.
Bought 2 MO's @ PO using 3 OVMC. Worked without any issue.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:08 am

From reading the threads, I added the wiki and now I updated it. What else should we add?

Always test one gc before buying too many that you cannot liquidate.

As of 6/2017:

HB Vanilla mc & visa issued by Bancorp - liquidate at PO or some grocery stores, not WM. The Bancorp gcs are easier to liquidate.

Vanilla mc issued by MetaBank - might be able to liquidate at Kmart BP, Paypal, not WM or PO.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by 12HRS
Same at lots of places. Develop a relationship and its seen as normal. One of my go to stores just had a management turnover so I lowered the volume down a bit to build up the relationship with them.
I find that this is absolutely the way to go if you can build a relationship with store personnel. Managment transistions can be tricky, though. I recently had a manager from one grocery that I frequent move to a second grocery that I frequent. He was a bit surprised to see me! But being above board is absolutely the way to go. My favorite thing is when I run across one of my regular CSRs training a new CSR: "This is Mr. Andyandy. He comes in here all the time, be sure to take good care of him."

Andyandy
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by ramamosn
Blech, I forgot about this issue and made the same mistake. Ended up using them to buy usable cards at CVS and ate the fee.

Andyandy
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:57 am

I've only had one incident of the meta OVMCGC not working for me at the grocery store. From then, I switched to the bancorp HB cards and it has always worked at any grocery store and gas station for MOs. I liked the fact that Sam's POS now allow several GCs per transaction, was able to get six in one transaction with the CSR
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I've only had one incident of the meta OVMCGC not working for me at the grocery store. From then, I switched to the bancorp HB cards and it has always worked at any grocery store and gas station for MOs. I liked the fact that Sam's POS now allow several GCs per transaction, was able to get six in one transaction with the CSR
Yes, much easier at Sam's now. I only wish they'd match the price of SM
Old Jun 25, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
When did they switch that? Last time I bought 3 in April they required each one separately (even though it looks similar to Walmart where I can add as many on as the checkout person will allow).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.