Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

OneVanilla not working and my 3 months frustration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

So the magnetic strip of my card wasn't working and they said they were replacing the card. Two months passed and I still didn't receive my card. They replaced it again. It has been about 20 days and I still haven't received the card.

During all this time I gave them calls and asked for tracking number but they said they don't have any tracking numbers. I requested if they can expedite the delivery and they said they can't.

It is so frustrating. I have $500 trapped in this card for 3 months.

And guess what, same problem happened with two of my other cards but I never requested their replacement because I wanted to see first what would happen to the replacement of my first card.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:43 pm

Why don't you just liquidate these online? Set a billing zip code on the vanilla site.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:45 pm

If you can get a really friendly cashier, you might be able to have him/her type in the card information instead of swiping so that you can buy some other liquid instrument (potentially something like a Reloadit pack so that you don't lose any money).
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by DARWINISM
Why don't you just liquidate these online? Set a billing zip code on the vanilla site.
I'm guessing OV deactivated the old number that he has, so probably not an option.

I have had 2 OVC go bad. One they fixed in a couple of days after I sent in the purchase receipt, the other took about 3 weeks for them to mail me a replacement (And I had to call after 10 days asking where the replacement was, and they issued me a new one, much like they promised the OP.)

Even so, I actually found dealing with their CSRs as pretty straightforward. They were polite and seemed to want to help.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried the reverse swipe or wrapping it in a plastic bag before swiping?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DARWINISM
Do you know whats the easiest place to liquidate these online?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Have you tried the reverse swipe or wrapping it in a plastic bag before swiping?
I tried the reverse swipe by what is wrapping in a plastic bag method?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FTaddict
I tried the reverse swipe by what is wrapping in a plastic bag method?
Put it in a plastic bag and swipe it. A WM employee showed me -- I have no idea why it worked, but it did, after several unsuccessful swipes in both directions.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Put it in a plastic bag and swipe it. A WM employee showed me -- I have no idea why it worked, but it did, after several unsuccessful swipes in both directions.
I used to work at a retail establishment and can confirm that some people's credit cards would only work using this method. Just use the regular plastic bag that you get from a grocery store and make sure it is fairly tight around your card
Old Nov 28, 2015, 9:29 am

IME using Kate at one time, with no plastic sack on hand but just a bank receipt, I wrapped magnetic part of BB in it and swiped. It worked!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:05 am

YMMV.

Last edited by Chelski; Jan 9, 2016 at 10:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.