Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 VGC and MGC at OfficeMax

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2015, 7:37 pm

Successfully bought 4 $20-$500 VGC from OM with my Ink. Dude seemed like a new employee, gonna go back tomorrow or the next day. Fingers crossed^

Last edited by SDBK; Oct 30, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by gpen1827
Did you go to the Walnut Creek one? Shelves were emptied when I was there.
Yep, I've been there 4-5 times recently, first time the Sunday when it was widely publicized that they carry variables(18th?), some lady just bought the last 4 variables. Went on the following Thursday afternoon, there were 2 variables(purchased both with my Ink), I've been at least 3 times since...no variables.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
Originally Posted by slack455
Yep, I've been there 4-5 times recently, first time the Sunday when it was widely publicized that they carry variables(18th?), some lady just bought the last 4 variables. Went on the following Thursday afternoon, there were 2 variables(purchased both with my Ink), I've been at least 3 times since...no variables.
Ink wells drying up
Old Oct 31, 2015, 12:43 pm

Haven't seen a single one in Dfw area.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
My local OM manager told me that a customer phoned the store asking to order $4,000 in $500 VGC by mail. The customer wanted to pay over the phone and have the store mail the cards to him. He then became belligerent when the manager was unable to fulfill his request. It's idiots like this who ruin the deals. Unbelievable!
That's why CV registers ask the cashier "is the customer standing in front of you?" when buying GC products.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by SDBK
Successfully bought 4 $20-$500 VGC from OM with my Ink. Dude seemed like a new employee, gonna go back tomorrow or the next day. Fingers crossed^
These VGC is a Meta bank? they still work for MOs at wmt, no issues right?
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
These VGC is a Meta bank? they still work for MOs at wmt, no issues right?
Correct. Just bought 5 of them and dumped 3 to Serve @ WM within an hour or so. Stopped at 3 broken KATEs before hitting CS at the last one, which was the only one without a line practically out the door.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:46 am

Went to my OM yesterday (have not been there in months) and saw fixed price VGC's and below those there were 2 racks of empty VGC's slots. I am guessing those are the spots for the variable load VGC's. There were also 6 empty racks of Reloadit's, I have not gotten into that "game" yet, but for 5x I may have start looking at that option. The OM did have several variable MCGC's, has anyone ever tried loading them to Serve? I have heard you have to push the debit card button really fast. Is it worth the hassle?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
Why wouldn't it be worth it? Loaded 2 MCGC yesterday. The button after swiping Is Change Payment Type. The button at one WM I go to does not appear and instead you have to hit cancel after swiping. Weird, I know, but it works.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:49 am
IPG

Programs: *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
$500 VGC and MGC at OfficeMax

Anybody else having difficulty assigning PINs today? Phone system won't recognize any of my card numbers, not even for older cards I have previously set PINS.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by IPG
Anybody else having difficulty assigning PINs today? Phone system won't recognize any of my card numbers, not even for older cards I have previously set PINS.
Same here. Keep getting the "unable to verify the security information" after inputting the 3 digit code on back. Mines is a MasterCard issued by US Bank.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:22 pm

$20-$500 GCs are cash only

Went to 2 OMs this morning and been told in both that starting today, variables are cash only... (((
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by abcpp
Went to 2 OMs this morning and been told in both that starting today, variables are cash only... (((
hopefully, it remains YMMV (or the memo may not have reached the store I went to) because I was still able to buy them with CCs an hour ago.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear
hopefully, it remains YMMV (or the memo may not have reached the store I went to) because I was still able to buy them with CCs an hour ago.
Same as mamibear
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by IPG
I kept getting "all representatives are busy.." message instead of being directed to the automated system to set PIN. This is MGC issued by US Bank.

Hope this is just a temporary system issue...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.