Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keeping track of gazillions of accounts

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Keeping track of gazillions of accounts

Like many of you, I have a ton of accounts that I use for MS. I have many credit union accounts and bank accounts. I've got prepaid card accounts. I've got credit card accounts. I've got accounts for myself and my partner and sometimes for friends and family members.

A lot of these accounts just side idle for months or years with a few hundred dollars in them. Then, when a new opportunity arises at one of them, they spring back into action. I find it handy to have them open already, and to have a history on file. Really, I only close accounts if a) I'm about to get hit with fees or b) they get closed for me.

For real, non MS money, I track all of my stable long-term accounts at my brokerage.

But for MS, I need an aggregation service that can handle the likes of GoBank, RedBird, UFB Direct, AFT, CUs that have tech from the 80's, etc.

I'm looking at Mint. It looks like Yodlee and CashEdge are for financial institutions to offer their customers, but you can't get direct access.

So I'm considering using Fidelity or Vanguard or USAA or Mint. I don't think Schwab offers this type of aggregation. I haven't looked into Citi, US Bank, Wells Fargo, etc., but if any of them has a great aggregation tool, I'll check it out. I'd say, it's even worth opening a new account to be able to track all of these miscellaneous accounts well.

Any other options or suggestions? Pros and cons?
Old May 25, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA MP Club (no status)
Mint's good as an aggregator. Otherwise I just use Excel/Gdocs. I made a little calculator in a tab that instantly tells me where the profit/loss line on cash back deals is too.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vanguard is really terrible with outside accounts. Great otherwise, but terrible in that regard. They use CashEdge which can't get UFB, for example.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:13 pm

I think I've seen a few people use accounting software like Quickbooks to take care of it all (very similiar to Mint)
Old May 31, 2015, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by FreakingFlyer
Like many of you, I have a ton of accounts that I use for MS. I have many credit union accounts and bank accounts. I've got prepaid card accounts. I've got credit card accounts. I've got accounts for myself and my partner and sometimes for friends and family members.

Any other options or suggestions? Pros and cons?
I doubt there are 'many of you', got tons of active accounts left.... MS costs, risks, complications are higher and benefits lower, is it really worth, today?...

I walked in a grocery store today, where I buy 10x500 GC every week. new cashier asked for cash, I walked....

Walmart for MOs, wants my name on the debit cards, had to walk.

In 2 weeks I'll be done with 5x WF. MS will almost stop. Only opportunity is for min. spend on 4/5 new CC applications a year?....have only BB + RB for liquidation..., 120K/year max? my tons of accounts are now inactive.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Mint never ....ing updates properly.
Old May 31, 2015, 9:48 pm

I use Yodlee.
https://moneycenter.yodlee.com/
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:25 am

I use Quicken which works well for my needs.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:41 pm

Google docs spreadsheet with embedded URLs
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Mint never ....ing updates properly.
Works well most of the times however, it does categorize transactions incorrectly at times. Since this year I have migrated most of the data to quicken (which in itself is not great, atleast on mac)
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:15 am

I have used mint for a about 5 years now and it works pretty well. Every now and again they update it and it screws something up. It would show bluebird but not redbird.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce
I use Quicken which works well for my needs.
Have you figured out a way to get Redbird into quicken? Bluebird and Serve can be done easily but I can't figure out Redbird.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.