Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AU on a CC you personally own as well?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 7:41 am
Original Poster

AU on a CC you personally own as well?

DH and I both have the SW Premier and Plus cards individually. We also each have a Serve account. We'll have the minimum $2,000 spent on each card with in a month or two (Serve and regular spend). However, with MY SW cards, we're going towards the CP, so need an additional $6k spent, preferably ASAP.

My question is, can I add DH to my 2 SW cards as an AU (then in turn use those cards to fund his own Serve) even though he already has his own SW Premier and Plus cards? Or will that look to Chase as if he now "owns" 2 of each of the same card?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:17 am

couple of things:

1) Chase personal cards have the same card # for AUs. So I'm not sure if you'd want Serve to see the same card # linked across multiple accounts. I still use BB, so I have no direct experience to share.

2) AUs might show up on your credit report if you're in the same household - they do for wife and I. But I've never had any troubles with Chase over "already having the card." The other downside is that having another AU card show up on your credit report means your AAoA will be lower, which can hurt your credit score a bit.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by jlt19
DH and I both have the SW Premier and Plus cards individually. We also each have a Serve account. We'll have the minimum $2,000 spent on each card with in a month or two (Serve and regular spend). However, with MY SW cards, we're going towards the CP, so need an additional $6k spent, preferably ASAP.

My question is, can I add DH to my 2 SW cards as an AU (then in turn use those cards to fund his own Serve) even though he already has his own SW Premier and Plus cards? Or will that look to Chase as if he now "owns" 2 of each of the same card?
Not sure if I understood correctly, but you are asking if you DH gets AU cards under your accounts and uses those to load Serve online how it will look? Few things to consider, if he has used his SW card linked to his Serve and now he uses this one, it may throw up a flag and your account may get reviewed. Only say this because you will have to send them a pic of DL and new card before they will approve it and they maybe able to compare to prior uploaded info as well. Not worth the risk in my opinion. When adding AU chase doesn't necessarily ask for SSN so I think getting him the cards likely won't be an issue, especially if his name is somewhat common enough.

VGC to apply to your serve loads at WM maybe another way to get the spend in, if you haven't already this month. That would be another 5K and then just get extra VGC for MO to finish off the 6K
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks, all good points. I want to do my best to NOT create any red flags on any of our accounts. We'll just find another way to get the $6k spent. With daycare, it really shouldn't take too long!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:57 pm

SO and I have AUs on each other's Arrival+. Never had an issue with Barclaycard about it.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I am not sure how valid the argument of having the same card on two accounts being bad is. You're allowed to have an account in your name, and if you're married or related, there should be no reason why having the same card on each of your own individual accounts is a flag. I personally have been doing this with the same card and same # since August without any issue. The only issue is that Serve will not let you have the same card linked at the same time so you have to delete the card and re-add it to the other account each time. I called Serve to ask if this was alright and they said this is the only way to use the same card between two family members and that it was perfectly ok. It may trigger a review but I doubt it would be the reason as much as the MS would be...
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: $$$
Originally Posted by busymike
couple of things:

1) Chase personal cards have the same card # for AUs. So I'm not sure if you'd want Serve to see the same card # linked across multiple accounts. I still use BB, so I have no direct experience to share.

2) AUs might show up on your credit report if you're in the same household - they do for wife and I. But I've never had any troubles with Chase over "already having the card." The other downside is that having another AU card show up on your credit report means your AAoA will be lower, which can hurt your credit score a bit.
On #2 - with Chase, it'll show on your credit report even if you aren't in the same household. I'm an AU on a friend's card (long story) and I see it (and her balance) on my credit report each month.

But, back to the main Q, I have many cards my wife has and we're AUs on each others also. No issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.