Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Question: Prepaid card with Bill Pay and low fees?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Are there any cards that can be loaded with cash that allows mainly bill pay without being shut down?

Does anyone know of one with cheap load/monthly fees?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:58 am

Serve.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Serve (as posted above) or Target Prepaid RedCard are the best options IMO.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Sorry...I am using those for Bill Pay as well. What else is out there other than those options?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by MSerforfun
Sorry...I am using those for Bill Pay as well. What else is out there other than those options?
I use Bluebird
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
I use Bluebird
I see what you did there.

Anyways, T-Mobile Money is a prepaid card with low fees (that are circumventable). It has a bill pay feature (although I've heard that if you almost exclusively use it that you'll get your account closed).
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:25 pm

Search the forums. Prepaid cards with low fees are invaluable for MSing, so if there is not a thread for one, it either does not exist or has not been (and probably will not be) mentioned.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:58 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by commdiver
Search the forums. Prepaid cards with low fees are invaluable for MSing, so if there is not a thread for one, it either does not exist or has not been (and probably will not be) mentioned.
+1000
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by commdiver
Sigh!

You add nothing to this thread.

For others...I've researched the following
T-Mobile Prepaid...good option but shut downs are frequent when using BP
Walgreens Balance Financial...too expensive to do BP along with expensive fees to load

Anyone else with good ideas?

I've heard of the "Rush" card with the ability to deposit MO into it via Ingo...share your thoughts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:00 am

For those who may have Current prepaid card from years ago that's like Vbuxx, it doesn't charge inactivity/dormancy fees. There are those that have a $50 annual fee/$5 per month maintenance fee but I got the version with just an initial fee. You may have this card and forgot about it; you can still fund them with bank acct/CC with no fees.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
The cards that win the "best card with low fees and Billpay" also tend to win the "most likely to get shutdown" award.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
The cards that win the "best card with low fees and Billpay" also tend to win the "most likely to get shutdown" award.
Except for Serve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.