Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

which cash back credit cards send out 1099?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:49 am

I've never received a 1099 for any of my activities.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:00 am

You should check the "MS and Taxes" thread for more info on this.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:47 pm

As much as one political party may want us to believe that private businesses can do no wrong, the private sector issues mistaken tax forms all the time. You contact them and ask them to issue a corrected 1099, or if they won't, you file your taxes correctly and include a letter explaining that the other party refused to correct its mistake.

I'm in that boat right now, dealing with a scholarly institution that awarded me a travel grant and then reported it to the IRS on Form 1099 in the box reserved for self-employment income. Morons.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by lobo411
As much as one political party may want us to believe that private businesses can do no wrong, the private sector issues mistaken tax forms all the time. You contact them and ask them to issue a corrected 1099, or if they won't, you file your taxes correctly and include a letter explaining that the other party refused to correct its mistake.

I'm in that boat right now, dealing with a scholarly institution that awarded me a travel grant and then reported it to the IRS on Form 1099 in the box reserved for self-employment income. Morons.
That sounds like a nightmare.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by brero
That sounds like a nightmare.
Ya, I just emailed the CFO out of the blue to ask her to intervene. Wouldn't it be nice if people just followed the Golden Rule? Sigh.

Edited: CFO emailed me right away with a CC to their accounting dept to get a corrected 1099 out post haste! Woot!

Last edited by lobo411; Feb 21, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by lobo411
Ya, I just emailed the CFO out of the blue to ask her to intervene. Wouldn't it be nice if people just followed the Golden Rule? Sigh.

Edited: CFO emailed me right away with a CC to their accounting dept to get a corrected 1099 out post haste! Woot!
Glad to hear it worked out in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.