Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Another one bites the dust, Vanilla Reloads no longer accepted by BB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another one bites the dust, Vanilla Reloads no longer accepted by BB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Another one bites the dust, Vanilla Reloads being phased out.

Just received "change in conditions for your BlueBird account:.

" Starting April 1, 2015, the Incomm Vanilla Reload PIN Package will no longer be available for purchase. Any previously purchased Vanilla Reload can still be added to any Bluebird account".
Another good ride coming to an end.

Last edited by scoobaboy; Dec 17, 2014 at 1:23 pm Reason: Headline should say Vanilla Reloads beinf phased out.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:04 pm

Incomm decides to phase out Vanilla Reload packs. Nothing to do with Bluebird. They just want to let us know that we will not be able to purchase Vanilla Reload anymore after 04/01/2015.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:06 pm

I would love to know Incomm's reasoning for phasing them out. Surely the reloads were profitable for them, no?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:07 pm
Suspended

"Another one bites the dust, Vanilla Reloads no longer accepted by BB "

That's not what it says
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:07 pm

Ah, beat me by two minutes. I guess I cruised through my search results a bit longer than you, OP.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
just got my email
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:10 pm

With MPs going away at the end of the month and now VRs in April scams with RLs are going to skyrocket and it'll only be a matter of time before Blackhawk kills them. That really sucks. I do huge volumes in RLs each month and it'll make my life a lot more difficult.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by MoralsWhatMorals
I would love to know Incomm's reasoning for phasing them out. Surely the reloads were profitable for them, no?
2 seconds on google will lead you to linking the reason with Senate investigation into pre-paid fraud. Both incommand greendot are pulling out of the market. With all the people buying phones on craigslist from sellers who only accept GD or VR and then trying to find their money I guess its not really profitable in the end.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MoralsWhatMorals
Because it's more profitable to not produce plastic cards and ship them to stores and deal with fraud. VR is not gong away, just the cards are.

VanillaŽ Reload PIN will no longer be available to purchase. However, you can still easily add cash* to your ServeŽ Account directly at the register using VanillaŽ Reload Swipe Load
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
There was some PR thing back in October about Swipe Reloads:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...546854256.html
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:37 pm
Original Member

I have only ever used Vanilla Reloads with pins to load my Bluebird card, to meet minimum spends and get miles. Are there any other Visa or MC cards I can buy with a credit card and load to my Bluebird? Thanks in advance
Old Dec 17, 2014, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by cmwdjw
I have only ever used Vanilla Reloads with pins to load my Bluebird card, to meet minimum spends and get miles. Are there any other Visa or MC cards I can buy with a credit card and load to my Bluebird? Thanks in advance
Not sure if serious...

Spend 5 minutes reading the ms forum or internet in general and you'll have your answer.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Because it's more profitable to not produce plastic cards and ship them to stores and deal with fraud. VR is not gong away, just the cards are.

VanillaŽ Reload PIN will no longer be available to purchase. However, you can still easily add cash* to your ServeŽ Account directly at the register using VanillaŽ Reload Swipe Load
Is a Vanilla Reload Swipe Load what we are doing at Family Dollar? I've never heard the term before.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce
Is a Vanilla Reload Swipe Load what we are doing at Family Dollar? I've never heard the term before.
Do you swipe your Serve card at FD? There's your answer.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can Mod fix this misleading thread title?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.