Wiki Posts
Search

Void Transactions - Credit back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, AFT, BB, UR
Void Transactions - Credit back

I was wondering how long it takes for credit to repost on GC from a void transaction.

Long story short, went to WallyWorld to get MO, transaction went through fine until at the end when the printer died at the MC. They void the transaction and I made sure to keep the receipt, however when I called the GC the balance is Zero.

I was wondering how long until the credit show back up on the GC ?
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Liquidbee
I was wondering how long it takes for credit to repost on GC from a void transaction.

Long story short, went to WallyWorld to get MO, transaction went through fine until at the end when the printer died at the MC. They void the transaction and I made sure to keep the receipt, however when I called the GC the balance is Zero.

I was wondering how long until the credit show back up on the GC ?
I've had a similar experience and cashier said she will just void transaction and money will be put back on my debit card. I refused to leave and requested the friendly supervisor to ask cash department on what their protocol was for non printing MOs after payment goes through. After coming out of the office, she apologized for the inconvinience and gave me cash refund. I'm grateful for my WMs with great customer service.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:01 pm

printer didn't die on me, but there was a glitch with the transaction. they offered me cash as well, since it did say that it took the funds out. on a different occasion though, they voided a transaction, and funds came back to the gc within 3-4 hrs, i believe.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by jtcho78
printer didn't die on me, but there was a glitch with the transaction. they offered me cash as well, since it did say that it took the funds out. on a different occasion though, they voided a transaction, and funds came back to the gc within 3-4 hrs, i believe.
Always take the cash if possible. I had a glitch 3 weeks ago, took over an hour for 3 managers to resolve it, finally by given me the cash back (and a 30 WM GC for my time and trouble).
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AFT, BB, UR
Look at all these positive results. We should start a "We Love WallyWorld" thread as I mostly read negative feedbacks about wallyworld...LOL

It's good to hear that the Machine doesn't just hate me, but every other person

I didn't want to make a scene so I just told them that I'll come back, maybe next time instead of having them void the transaction, I'll ask for cash in one dollar increments so I can make it rain at the club !!!
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat
For voided transactions I have found the funds return to the GC within minutes.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:08 pm

I've had a couple take until the next day - but sometimes it was in the available credit, but not the usable credit.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by horseymen
I've had a couple take until the next day - but sometimes it was in the available credit, but not the usable credit.
Mine have always returned within minutes. By the time I got back home to check, at least.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: 1&2
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Unless more than two days passes.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a MO transaction voided yesterday. This was at a WM in a small town north of the Simon Mall I go to. I have been going to this store for about 2 months to buy $2K of MOs right after purchasing Simon GCs. They were very strict about only $2K, and most of the CS desk cashiers there seemed suspicious about it.

Yesterday, after I swiped 3 of the cards, the cashier told me she was going to hold off on the last one until she talked to her supervisor. Her supervisor told me that they were no longer allowed to sell MOs this way and voided the transaction. I don't know why the cashier let me swipe the first 3 cards, but both of them assured me that the money would go back on the cards. I went to another WM and was able to use the cards there about 20 minutes later, so besides the loss of yet another WM, it worked out OK.

I made up for it, though -- I had been told at the second WM that the limit there was $10K per day, with a form required for over $6K, but I never had the guts to try for more than $4K. This time I asked and the cashier said "no problem", so I did $6K there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.