Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MO @ Winn Dixie

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

MO @ Winn Dixie

I am in Louisiana. Over the past few days I have had less success of getting MOs at WD. One has refused to let me purchase with a split. 2 let me purchase, but mentioned about just going through training for WU MO that they should not take prepaids any more. These have been 1k to 1.5k purchases. Any one else run into this recently?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by seven-up
but mentioned about just going through training for WU MO that they should not take prepaids any more
prepaids ? Or gift cards ?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:48 pm

You could try not doing split purchases for money orders. Most people would find it unusual to: a) buy a $1500 money order and b) have two use three separate debit cards for $500 each.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by darkeststar
You could try not doing split purchases for money orders. Most people would find it unusual to: a) buy a $1500 money order and b) have two use three separate debit cards for $500 each.
This, though it increases my costs I avoid doing splits because it considerably increases the scrutiny you draw.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:30 pm

Just bought $2k in Paypower and they put me in their shiny new book. There was alot of confusion on if I was worthy to be in the book, but by a vote of 2-1 I made it.

Name, DL # and transaction amount were what they wanted and it didn't seem too invasive so I played along. From the discussion I think they just had a "class" but they didn't seem 100% on the material. I should have asked what the max is I can purchase per trip if I am in the book since it may be worth it to purchase $5k per transaction. Next time I will find out.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, *A Gold, AA Plat
What did you find out?
I'm getting reloadit at my WD. The young cashier looked like she had it all together and read cash only then called the manager to check. I will go during the day and but some from the older ladies who don't care. But wonder about the MO.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:17 pm

I haven't been back to that store but I did $3k last week at my regular store with no mention of the book.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 5:00 am

Suggest keeping WD MO on the QT.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:01 am

I am in Louisiana. Over the past few days I have had less success of getting MOs at WD. One has refused to let me purchase with a split. 2 let me purchase, but mentioned about just going through training for WU MO that they should not take prepaids any more. These have been 1k to 1.5k purchases. Any one else run into this recently?
I don't do splits there at WD - Big sign of trouble with them I was told.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:30 am

"I'm trying kill this avenue of MS. Anyone else on board?"
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:24 pm

Don't do it like this. Just purchase one below $500 to empty your prepaid card. For most grocery stores, they have a limit of $500 on each MO. So don't make over that, which will make the cashier become nervous and notice you. That is certainly not a good way for long time MS.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by theacolyte
"I'm trying kill this avenue of MS. Anyone else on board?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.