Community
Wiki Posts
Search

opening iPhone CC account to pay self

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:44 pm

Try this with 20 people.
Each people can open a checking for $150 and do initial deposit with max $500 CC.
If you can not get $150, try remove cookie and try the link again and again.
I tried 10+ times to get $150.

http://www.usbankpowerup.com/offer

BUT according to FT, USBank hates MO.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

I truly appreciate everybody who took the time to provide helpful responses. Thank you!

I tried the BB, Serve, and evolve--all to no avail. I went to two different Walmarts in the SFO Bay Area and was not able to load with credit card. The employee told me it would not work and I asked them if I could please try it. They obligded me and unfortunately like they said, it did not work. When I tried to register my serve online at home, it would not let me, saying I already have a BB. I considered canceling my BB but then figured it was moot if I can't load CC to either BB or evolve at Walmart or online.

I went to a few different Safeways and could not find the Univision Mastercard suggested. However, to my delight, I found some at the Safeway by my work! ^

I put $25.00 on it because I want to play it safe until I have a successful transaction. I was planning on loading it to my BB, I hope it will work since I activated my Univision Mastercard and obtained a pin. Then I thought that since I could use a pin at an ATM and withdrawl cash, that might be easier. It is $2.50 per atm withdrawal, so I anticipate it would be $5.00 to withdrawl $500. It probably costs me about $5.00 in gas/mileage to drive to Walmart so I might as well use the ATM to withdrawl the cash.

Since I had to go through a registration process (legal name, DOB, SSN, address, phone) in order to get a pin for the Univision Mastercard card, I wonder if they allow people to have multiple cards registered to them. If they do, this will solve my problem of needing to meet the minimum spend to get the sign-up bonus. I don't plan to MS on-going; just doing it to help reach the high minimum spend.

Wow, I can't believe I might have actually found something that works in the Bay Area, thanks to this forum!
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

I just called Univision Mastercard and they said I can only have a total of three cards registered in my name. Darn it! I just wasted one of those times by only getting $25.00 on the card! Ugh!

It says there are ways to reload but it says reload with cash, it does not say with CC.

Hhhmm, I wonder if I could 'unregister' a card in my name once I take all the funds off it.

I wonder what other people do with Univision. I will put Univision in a search and see what I find.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:43 pm

You're doing it all wrong.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:57 pm

1. Get serve with ISIS. You can transfer 1500 a month in credit card to it.
2. Use AP to send 1,000 to somebody that gives you 1,000 back by check.

$7,500 after 3 months.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:00 pm

Try reading the Univision thread before you do any more damage.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by justme8
I tried the BB, Serve, and evolve--all to no avail. I went to two different Walmarts in the SFO Bay Area and was not able to load with credit card. The employee told me it would not work and I asked them if I could please try it. They obligded me and unfortunately like they said, it did not work.
Oh well, maybe it's time for a different hobby.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by nnugnotsle
You're doing it all wrong.
I second this
totally wrong, if you are lazy at least just read some wikis on the relevant threads . Maybe I am just in a prime location for MS (or maybe I just know what i'm doing), but I was able to MS 10K in just under 3hrs (most of that time was spent getting the necessary approvals from citi to spend that much ) I have since paid it off, recieved my miles and booked my first business class award to europe for our family of four^
Old Jul 21, 2014, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by shenxing
Try reading the Univision thread before you do any more damage.
I felt like there might be some serious damage coming as well.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:27 am

Stop, just stop. Read for at least one week and you'll figure out multiple options that will work. Don't go trying every single idea one-by-one. Read up - you have 3 months to spend, not 3 days.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by mandj
Stop, just stop. Read for at least one week and you'll figure out multiple options that will work. Don't go trying every single idea one-by-one. Read up - you have 3 months to spend, not 3 days.
Just stop, OP. You clearly dont't know what you are doing.
And you are putting stress on MS infrastructure by doing so.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Maybe I am just in a prime location for MS (or maybe I just know what i'm doing), but I was able to MS 10K in just under 3hrs (most of that time was spent getting the necessary approvals from citi to spend that much ) I have since paid it off, recieved my miles and booked my first business class award to europe for our family of four^
Dang, thats pretty impressive. You must have a nifty little MS method there...I could hit up a few different stores and pretty quickly get 10k between vgc,ppmycash,and buxx....but i would be more worried about getting shut down from citi for doing super fast MS without it looking at least somewhat natural by mixing in a few other normal purchases over the course of a week or two. I have no idea what you are doing to do it that fast yet still not raise flags...but that is pretty impressive ^
Old Aug 4, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by JerMah
Careful with this. I did that and I had an automatic payment method setup with eBay which defaulted to my $0 balance citi checking account. I got a letter in the mail recently that it was overdrawn by $3.36 and that I had to pay the overdrawn amount within a week at a branch otherwise the account would be closed and go into collections.
I opt out of overdraft protection on all my bank accounts. I prefer they deny the payment and I don't have to pay ODFs plus the amount supposedly overdrawn. When I buy on ebay and go to paypal, I always click the change funding source to my CC on file so funds won't be taken out of my bank account. But first, I transfer any funds available in my account to DH's pp account so that my account has zero balance. Been doing this for years now and pp doesn't mind that payments come from CCs when I have no available funds.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pier11
Just stop, OP. You clearly dont't know what you are doing.
And you are putting stress on MS infrastructure by doing so.
I won't stop!

pier11 - Be part of the problem or be part of the solution--it's your call! ^
Old Aug 8, 2014, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by air360
Dang, thats pretty impressive. You must have a nifty little MS method there...I could hit up a few different stores and pretty quickly get 10k between vgc,ppmycash,and buxx....but i would be more worried about getting shut down from citi for doing super fast MS without it looking at least somewhat natural by mixing in a few other normal purchases over the course of a week or two. I have no idea what you are doing to do it that fast yet still not raise flags...but that is pretty impressive ^

I always count my blessings... I have been a citi client since 2011. They were the first bank to extend credit to me. Always pay in full with no negative history with the bank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.