Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Amex Offer - Spend $100 at staples and get $15 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Offer - Spend $100 at staples and get $15 back

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 6:57 pm

Offer valid only for purchases on Amazon.com or smile.amazon.com. Amazon Payments are excluded. Not valid at non-US or non-English versions of Amazon.com or websites affiliated with or linked to Amazon.com. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Your transaction must be made directly with Amazon.com to qualify. Items ordered during the offer period but shipped after 8/31/14 may not count towards your qualifying purchases for the offer. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account. Enrollment is limited. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/14, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, transactions not made directly with the merchant will not qualify. Also, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit for transactions made with electronic wallets or via third parties. If you use Membership Rewards points for all or any portion of a transaction through the “Shop with Points at Amazon.com” program, the amount of that transaction that you cover with points will not qualify for the offer
I see no mention in the T&C I got about E gift cards not being valid?

Last edited by ncsam79; Jul 9, 2014 at 7:06 pm
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by onthego15
"E-Gift Card purchases sent directly to recipient's email address are excluded."
thanks for letting me know.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ncsam79
I see no mention in the T&C I got about E gift cards not being valid?
That was in regards to the Staples offer, not the Amazon one.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
I got a rock
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:53 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by hitman1420
Seemed like a good deal if one buys the paypal readers to put them over the edge. But the quickbooks deal seems super difficult to get based on the T&C. Biz id needs to be sent in as part of the FAR request and only 1 per person.

"This rebate submission will be rejected if you have already received a $90 rebate for this product in the past year, or if the company ID is invalid or is for an expired subscription."
yeah a lotta these software rebates in the last yr or so have become more hassle than they're worth. like the ones that make you install and register the software before giving you a rebate redeem code etc :/
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a purchase of $200 or more and split the payment between two cards? I know I can do this in a store, but I don't see how to do it for an online purchase.
I have this offer on two cards.
Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onthego15
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a purchase of $200 or more and split the payment between two cards? I know I can do this in a store, but I don't see how to do it for an online purchase.
I have this offer on two cards.
Thanks.
Just do two different orders, your still coming out ahead...
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: UA
Limit 1 statement credit per American Express online account
So does it mean that you only get one credit even if you have multiple credit cards registered for this offer, or does it mean that you just need to use the multiple tab technique?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:23 am

I understand as it as one credit per offer on a card so using 2 cards even if it has the same offer will just waste a statement credit on one. It is best to do 2 separate transactions fulfilling the requirements in each card. That way, you get 2 separate statement credits.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by hamnori
So does it mean that you only get one credit even if you have multiple credit cards registered for this offer, or does it mean that you just need to use the multiple tab technique?
You can get more than one credit, if you have more than one card registered for the offer. So, yes, use the multi tab or multi browser technique to get more than one registered.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:30 am

So which portals is best to use/confirmed to work for the Visa GC purchase thru staples.com?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by DealsRock
So which portals is best to use/confirmed to work for the Visa GC purchase thru staples.com?
None. You no longer get cash back for purchasing Visa GC from Staples.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:25 pm

How do these offers work with Authorized users since they have a different card number?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by NetBrowser07
How do these offers work with Authorized users since they have a different card number?
Registering the AUs separately with their own login works best. You can also connect these cards through the various SYNC outlets (Facebook, the twitters, etc.)
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
I understand as it as one credit per offer on a card so using 2 cards even if it has the same offer will just waste a statement credit on one. It is best to do 2 separate transactions fulfilling the requirements in each card. That way, you get 2 separate statement credits.
When 2 cards are used in a single transaction, EACH card would be charged separately, thus generates the transaction on EACH card's statement. Therefore the requirement is fulfilled on EACH card. @:-)

This can be achieved in the store, but I dont believe it is possible for an online purchase. This offer is for online purchase, so there is no way for the OP to save $7 trying to use 2 cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.