Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

FT database error caused by Bancorp And Bowtie

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Title says it all, you can no longer access FT with VGC
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by member7777
Title says it all, you can no longer access FT with VGC
You just need the workaround. If using a Windows computer, as the database error message appears, quickly press ALT-CTRL-DELETE, and kill the browser with task manager. Keep doing this until the error stops appearing.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:12 pm

Guys, be nice to the man. You're looking at a guy who has been shunned by every peer group he's ever known. Cut him some slack.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thorax
Cut him some slack.
After using one of his affiliate links.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Someone needs to "tighten" that bowtie.....
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:25 pm

I think everyone is just jealous that he makes good money on his blog and they don't. Even if he does get ideas for his articles straight from here who cares? This site is where a lot of people turn to get answers. Guarantee everyone didn't figure out everything by themselves. I mean probably more than half the people on here are just waiting for the next guy to write up a post that spoonfeeds them and everyone else. If you don't want the guy to post content from this forum then don't make it public. If someone else makes the dumb decision to post about an unpublicized deal then just accept it, worry about yourself. Go start your own blog and make $$.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I think everyone is just jealous that he makes good money on his blog and they don't. Even if he does get ideas for his articles straight from here who cares? This site is where a lot of people turn to get answers. Guarantee everyone didn't figure out everything by themselves. I mean probably more than half the people on here are just waiting for the next guy to write up a post that spoonfeeds them and everyone else. If you don't want the guy to post content from this forum then don't make it public. If someone else makes the dumb decision to post about an unpublicized deal then just accept it, worry about yourself. Go start your own blog and make $$.
And people wonder why so many things have gone private?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:44 pm
jmw

If you come up to me at an airport lounge, I'd need to see proof you are currently employed at a real job before I'll tell you any unpublicized deal. Internet blogger is not a real job. Working retail is not a real job. College student is not a real job. This is how much blogging has hurt this hobby.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: Too many to list
It takes a lot of time and effort to creatively rewrite publicly available information. Most people think its not worth the time, but in a long run it does. Most don't have technical expertise to set up blog, promote it and get initial traffic. So, having said that, if there are non-technical people who have creative writing skills and would like to participate in blog writing projects, feel free to PM me
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:40 pm

You are joking, right?

No one here has a problem with an entrepreneur making money. The fact that he created his own blog and turned it profitable (I imagine very profitable) is great and should be applauded. The problem, though, is that he adds no original content. All he does is republish the information that he gets here and makes a profit off of that. So, feel free to to support him, but just know that he pimps your information out, and you get nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada in return.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by commdiver
You are joking, right?

No one here has a problem with an entrepreneur making money. The fact that he created his own blog and turned it profitable (I imagine very profitable) is great and should be applauded. The problem, though, is that he adds no original content. All he does is republish the information that he gets here and makes a profit off of that. So, feel free to to support him, but just know that he pimps your information out, and you get nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada in return.

What do you mean by "YOUR information out." ?? Have you come out with a deal you discovered yourself? Can you please link that post where you did and bowtie copied it?

99.9% of the people who come here are leeches including myself. Using the ideas from the very few who many times are newbies who want to give back. We all use this knowledge to enrich ourselves.

Bloggers of course do this as well. Some do come up with original content that we at ft take and use and some don't.

ThePointsCollector is correct. it isn't easy to do what very few bloggers do successfully. It is a job no matter what nonsense JMW spouts.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Domat
What do you mean by "YOUR information out." ?? Have you come out with a deal you discovered yourself? Can you please link that post where you did and bowtie copied it?

99.9% of the people who come here are leeches including myself. Using the ideas from the very few who many times are newbies who want to give back. We all use this knowledge to enrich ourselves.

Bloggers of course do this as well. Some do come up with original content that we at ft take and use and some don't.

ThePointsCollector is correct. it isn't easy to do what very few bloggers do successfully. It is a job no matter what nonsense JMW spouts.
Does the Kool Aid at least taste good?
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:13 pm

Does the Kool Aid at least taste good?
So you got nothing? Thought so. I do like Cherry Kool aid.

Complaining about bloggers when you have been spoonfed everything you know is ridiculous.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Domat
So you got nothing? Thought so. I do like Cherry Kool aid.

Complaining about bloggers when you have been spoonfed everything you know is ridiculous.
I said that because your reply was so ridiculous that it did not merit a response. But since you cannot seem to grasp that, I will do my one good deed for the day and explain it to you. The problem people here have with MMS is that he publishes our content, the content that we provide to newbies out of the kindness of our hearts, and makes money off of it. That is the problem. If he just had a blog where he reposted everything without affiliate links throughout his blog or if he kept the affiliated links, but shared his own secrets, no one here would ever mention him in a negative way.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:35 pm

I said that because your reply was so ridiculous that it did not merit a response. But since you cannot seem to grasp that, I will do my one good deed for the day and explain it to you. The problem people here have with MMS is that he publishes our content, the content that we provide to newbies out of the kindness of our hearts, and makes money off of it. That is the problem. If he just had a blog where he reposted everything without affiliate links throughout his blog or if he kept the affiliated links, but shared his own secrets, no one here would ever mention him in a negative way.
So again I ask what information that you provided first hand was used by MMS?

You keep saying WE and OUR and I do not think you know what those words mean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.