Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Walmart: New Vanilla cards. Variable to $500 w/CC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Just a quick heads up. Walmart has two new variable load cards that I was able to purchase with a Credit card last night.

THe first one is silver and says "FATHERS DAY" on the front. It can be loaded with up to $500.

The other type of card is a NEW variant of vanilla that I have never seen before. It is a "One Vanilla Mastercard"

Pic: http://imgur.com/WLqfHOo

Fathers Day card is issued by Sunrise Bank.

This could be lucrative for the right people. Some WM-NM will code as grocery for 5% CB. Also, when CC are allowed for a purchase, that often means WM GC are allowed too (I have not tested this).

Last edited by GeorgeMilesArnold; Jun 12, 2014 at 2:44 pm Reason: Added pic
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeMilesArnold
Just a quick heads up. Walmart has two new variable load cards that I was able to purchase with a Credit card last night.

THe first one is silver and says "FATHERS DAY" on the front. It can be loaded with up to $500.

The other type of card is a NEW variant of vanilla that I have never seen before. It is a "Vanilla Mastercard"

I will post pics soon.
Pretty sure this has already been discussed
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Where? I searched before posting.

I also searched online and can only find a few mentions of the "one vanilla mastercard," as it appears to be brand new.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:52 am
jk2

I'm sure that first card you mentioned ("Fathers day") is just repackaged Walmart Visa GC from Sunrise Bank - they do it for every major holiday (Christmas, Graduation, ...). The second one (mastercard) for sure is hard coded for cash only.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I was able to purchase BOTH with a CC.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:19 pm

What banks issue the two types of cards?

The other type of card is a NEW variant of vanilla that I have never seen before. It is a "One Vanilla Mastercard"

I will post pics soon.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:21 pm

Where? I searched before posting.

I also searched online and can only find a few mentions of the "one vanilla mastercard," as it appears to be brand new.
OV MC have been around for years.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where in the store did you find them? Do they require setting a PIN?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:26 pm

I will post pics soon.
Great find! Thank you! ^
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:21 pm

1. What are the fees for the card?
2. What bank processes them (Metabank, etc)?
3. Can you set a PIN with them?

Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:23 pm

How many can you buy with a CC?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:35 pm

If they sell them at their Neighborhood Markets which are coded as grocery stores on some cards....could be good.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Where in the store did you find them? Do they require setting a PIN?
I'd like to know this too. I've considered seeing what Walmart has on offer for MS tools, but the thought of wandering around looking for VRs and GCs and the like doesn't seem too appealing.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

I haven't unloaded them yet, so no update on the PIN.

They were located near the checkout line that sells cigarettes. They were near the conveyor belt. This could obviously vary depending on your store, but I would not be surprised if it is the same because they all follow a "Plan-A-Gram" sent by corporate.

Here's a pic:
http://imgur.com/WLqfHOo

The fathers day cards are on the upper left hand corner of the pic. The OneVanilla MasterCards are on the upper right.

Last edited by GeorgeMilesArnold; Jun 12, 2014 at 2:33 pm Reason: Added Pic
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: 1&2
As far as I can tell, after the latest software update these are only purchasable with CC at certain WMs ... any other experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.