Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coin?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:46 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
I've been debating posting my experiences on this because of the way things get ruined by abuse so quickly.
Considering the gigantic backlog of Coins and how few there are in the wild… I'd say go for it. I really don't think we'll see a ton of FTers overwhelming stores and killing the deal. I'm quite curious to hear (here or DM) if you have found any use for yours.

I've had mine for a week and I think I've used it… once.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by SeoxyS
Considering the gigantic backlog of Coins and how few there are in the wild… I'd say go for it. I really don't think we'll see a ton of FTers overwhelming stores and killing the deal. I'm quite curious to hear (here or DM) if you have found any use for yours.

I've had mine for a week and I think I've used it… once.
Thought my post was basically enough But yeah, you can load VGCs just fine onto Coin, and they swipe just like a debit. No issue loading a Serve at Walmart.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:32 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Thought my post was basically enough But yeah, you can load VGCs just fine onto Coin, and they swipe just like a debit. No issue loading a Serve at Walmart.
Right… but what's the point? I'm not sure I see what this enables you to do that you couldn't before by just swiping the physical gift card.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Originally Posted by SeoxyS
Right… but what's the point? I'm not sure I see what this enables you to do that you couldn't before by just swiping the physical gift card.
A lot of stores get very antsy about gift cards, so this makes it a ton easier to load at registers or customer service. When it comes to Kate it keeps you from having to hide gift cards or do any sleight of hand, you just have the Serve and your Coin in hand and need nothing else.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, DL Gold
I've been debating posting my experiences on this because of the way things get ruined by abuse so quickly.
You could/should have just kept it at this.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:46 am

A lot of stores get very antsy about gift cards, so this makes it a ton easier to load at registers or customer service. When it comes to Kate it keeps you from having to hide gift cards or do any sleight of hand, you just have the Serve and your Coin in hand and need nothing else.
You got me all excited, but then I searched for images of the coin and it doesn't look right. It doesn't have a name or raised numbers like a traditional credit card.

Cashiers who are skittish about prepaid cards, are probably going to have the same reservations about a weird card with an electronic screen. They're gonna think you're some kind of high tech credit card thief from the future.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:40 am

How does the EMC / NFC Coin 2 work?
I assume it wont work with VGC otherwise we'd be able to do it with our NFC phones, right? So we have to swipe and that will stop soon, no?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by vinhboy
You got me all excited, but then I searched for images of the coin and it doesn't look right. It doesn't have a name or raised numbers like a traditional credit card.
The Citi TY premier cards don't have the names & numbers raised....
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: SQ, DL, Marriott, UR
Coin?

deleted

Last edited by Barrios; Dec 19, 2015 at 7:11 pm
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
It is not worth the hassle. I speak from experience. Walmart employees are even less trusting of it than gift cards.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:16 am

I am kind of seeing mix-information.
Am i able to engrave my name on coin 2.0 ?
Old May 18, 2016, 10:05 am

Coin 2.0 is pretty easy to get on eBay these days, so I just went and bought one for $50. It mostly works.

That said, looks like this product will be dead soon: http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/18/11...tion-announced

Fitbit is buying it for the NFC integration with banks, and the existing product will be end of life'd.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:28 pm

Programs: All of them to one degree or another
Anyone have a working used coin for sale? The cheap ones in eBay say they are for parts only.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:47 am

just got one from auction
Can't find the app
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/02/01...s-february-28/
Anybody has ipa or apk of the app? Does it communicate back to their servers? Will it work as a stand alone? Onlycoin.com is not functional. Is there an alternative app?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.