Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coin?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by PowerMan572
What??

Each time you add a new card, i.e. a Barclaycard Arrival, you'll have to go to Barclaycard and verify the charge.

This really isn't that hard to comprehend. Have you ever added a bank to your PayPal account and they have you verify 2 small charges? I'm sure it'll be similar to this, but instead of your bank it's your credit card. PayPal isn't going to just let you add some random bank account and start sending money out of it without verifying it's really your bank! Coin isn't going to do the same thing either.

Seriously, if you think I'm lying then contact Coin yourself. They posted this info in a video to their pre-order customers. The CEO was adding his Platinum card to his Coin as an example, took a picture, and then stated that you have to go verify a charge.

EDIT: Here's our answer so you can stop arguing with me. Looks like only new cards will have to authorize a temporary charge, but gift cards will NOT have to be authorized.
I never said you were lying....
Just asking where this data was since none was available to the public.
Sad to see they're hiding all this information behind their pre-order.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Is this the video?

http://youtu.be/zOHD1YPIqO8
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by lad2
Is this the video?

http://youtu.be/zOHD1YPIqO8
I guess so.
What a non-issue.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ceverett
I like it. This will come in super handy for flying under the radar. I ordered one. If it works, it can't come too soon.
this

and if nothing else, this:
Originally Posted by exmike
If anything I think it is more useful for loading cards with category bonuses. I hate lugging around six different cards which I cycle through depending on what I'm buying.
I just ordered mine. And to kept it ever handy, I ordered this nifty case from another startup: http://www.pushcase.com/
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx
I'm all for it... Though I see a high push back from retailers since your name won't be on the Coin.

Unless your name WILL be on it...

Never trust a company that doesn't know the difference between "it's" and "its"--or can't double check its own promo!
Old Jun 2, 2014, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
I don't see the Coin card as a MS gold mine. Sure your name will be on the Coin card, but I've never had a problem using gift cards to load money onto BlueBird. I'm thinking others are using gift cards to buy money orders and stuff and that's where you're worried about not having your name on the card?

When someone says "unloading gift cards to Coin" you're not unloading ANY money to the Coin card like you would with BlueBird. The Coin card is simply just combining all your cards in to 1 magnetic strip card. I'm sure we're all aware of this, but just wanted to clarify.

Lastly, the Coin card can only hold up to 8 cards at a time. Each card you add you have to take a picture of it, and then you have to verify a charge on the card. To me this sounds like it might be too cumbersome if you're trying to do gift card after gift card. How do I know you have to verify a charge each time you add a card? I watched it in the videos that have been getting released to pre-order customers only.
8!? I have 10 sitting in my office right now! What a hassle. No thanks.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:01 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by rabatt
I just ordered mine. And to kept it ever handy, I ordered this nifty case from another startup: http://www.pushcase.com/
yep, thats exactly what we wanna do -- make our smartphones even thicker lol

Originally Posted by ZzzzX
8!? I have 10 sitting in my office right now! What a hassle. No thanks.
you gotta remember this is designed for the avg consumer -- not a whole lot of ppl are even walking around with 8 cards.

but yeah I sure wish it was unlimited for our MS purposes -- perhaps there will be a way to hack the firmware when we get our hands on it.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
yep, thats exactly what we wanna do -- make our smartphones even thicker lol

you gotta remember this is designed for the avg consumer -- not a whole lot of ppl are even walking around with 8 cards.

but yeah I sure wish it was unlimited for our MS purposes -- perhaps there will be a way to hack the firmware when we get our hands on it.
Why do you need more than 8 cards on the device?
I'd have my daily etc + a few MS cards.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:43 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
cause my daily etc + a few MS cards are more than 8... then add in GCs, these can obv vary from day to day and you'd want extra capacity for those.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:51 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 30, 2014 at 12:26 am
Old Jun 4, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by MsArbi
I have EMV and non-EMV cards for the same account. When I use the non-EMV card at an EMV-enabled POS, it does not reject the mag strip transaction.

I didn't realize the name was engraved. So then the question is, will it let you add cards that don't match the engraved name exactly.
So you can rob/steal someone else's credit card and legitimately spend it in your Coin?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
So you can rob/steal someone else's credit card and legitimately spend it in your Coin?
Talking about variations in name on card. :roll eyes:
Think before making yourself look like an ....

Like my FIA AMEX. It has my FULL name. First, Middle and Last.
Unlike my other cards that just have First, Middle Initial, and Last.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:34 am

C'mon Battousai...you know better than that
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
C'mon Battousai...you know better than that
haha, why so serious?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:54 pm

haha, why so serious?
Was just curious if you got my "battousai" reference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.