Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Depositing MO into checking Account

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by prasha11
Very interesting...........but the blank cards are just plain cards, nothing printed.

Hypothetically speaking: Can I use a BofA debit card of a cancelled account, erase the magnetic strip and rewrite on it? copy $500 from the Visa gift card (data)? rinse and repeat again and again? almost like reloading my wallet?
I totally would do that too if it is possible.
Although I doubt this is almost illegal.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:22 pm

Very interesting...........but the blank cards are just plain cards, nothing printed.

Hypothetically speaking: Can I use a BofA debit card of a cancelled account, erase the magnetic strip and rewrite on it? copy $500 from the Visa gift card (data)? rinse and repeat again and again? almost like reloading my wallet?
Interesting idea. Sort of a DIY reloadable prepaid debit card.

Hypothetically though, if the CSR decides to verify the last 4 digits of the card number, you'd probably be in a lot of trouble.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap
Interesting idea. Sort of a DIY reloadable prepaid debit card.
Hypothetically though, if the CSR decides to verify the last 4 digits of the card number, you'd probably be in a lot of trouble.
Verify the last 4 digits of the card with what? This is not a Credit card but a debit card, we use PIN.

No DIY, you have to 'buy' each pre-paid cards, then repackage and recycle.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:53 am

Verify the last 4 digits of the card with what? This is not a Credit card but a debit card, we use PIN.

No DIY, you have to 'buy' each pre-paid cards, then repackage and recycle.
A lot of csrs ask to look at the card to make sure your name is on it. At the same time they could notice the last 4. The last 4 also show up on the receipt. Sure it would take a nosey csr to figure it out, but Ive definitely encountered a lot of nosey csrs. Being as you are so risk adverse you wont give cvs your ID and think half of this hobby is MLing, I doubt you really want to go down a likely actually illegal path.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tester22
As other people have said, it’s all about comfort with risk. Personally, I will mess with banks but am deathly afraid of a federal indictment and have no tolerance for any risk that could lead to that outcome.
"Aye, fight and you may die. Run and you'll live -- at least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our manufactured spending!!!" -- Wallace, Braveheart

Err... I think the last phrase might be wrong...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: Several dozen
This kind of stuff is tradecraft and heads into deep waters. Take it private and off the public boards. Also check your state laws as to what is and what is not kosher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.