Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best unknown methods for MS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:31 am

Seriously, having a kid with a high deductible plan with an attached HSA = EZ miles. $5k in medical bills helps justify the $10k+ / month CVS transactions
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Why wouldn't you just wait until you get married and have your insurance cover?
But if his insurance covered her ACL, how would he pick up the extra miles?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:42 am

With a HD insurance plan and an HSA, you can pay your out of pocket costs through whatever method you desire (or the hospital, dr, office) accepts and then reimburse your bank account with your HSA. Paying with tax free $ is better than paying with after tax $ in my simple opinion.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: CITI, Barclay, Fidelity Amex, CC
Potentially useless information: For those who live in NC, State employees credit union offers $500 VGCs for $1 ($2.50 by mail). T&C states no ATM or cash back though.

https://www.ncsecu.org//Cards/GiftCard.html

FWIW
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: Several dozen
Potentially useless? No way - that fits the MO for many.

Originally Posted by birdhands
Potentially useless information: For those who live in NC, State employees credit union offers $500 VGCs for $1 ($2.50 by mail). T&C states no ATM or cash back though.

https://www.ncsecu.org//Cards/GiftCard.html

FWIW
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Why wouldn't you just wait until you get married and have your insurance cover?
There was no way she was going to make it as long as wed had without having the surgery.

In hindsight, yes we should have just gotten married at City Hall right after it happen. (and likely would have if I had paid attention to how limited her insurance plan was)

Oh well, you live and learn.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Potentially useless? No way - that fits the MO for many.
Yes, as long as an MO can be bought. T&C doesn't specify, though it does say the card is not to be used for "non-financial money exchange establishments," whatever those are.

I'll give the card a try next week.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Several dozen
Good luck. And don't forget to write up that scenic trip to the CU on the Arrival Travel site to get gift cards or Arrival miles.

Yes, as long as an MO can be bought. T&C doesn't specify, though it does say the card is not to be used for "non-financial money exchange establishments," whatever those are.

Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:27 am

Pretty sure this is going to work fine for you for MO. As a NC resident, I wish I could fanangle a way into joining.

Will you adopt me as your man child?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:34 am

Best unknown methods for MS

Simon malls sell variable visas and Amex up to $500 for 2.95 They're usbank but I called and got a pin easily. Cheap if you're not buying in a category bonus.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:52 am

"If you know the weird old trick, you can buy VR from CVS without the zero activation fee!" said the one trick pony. LOL
Old Mar 21, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
With a HD insurance plan and an HSA, you can pay your out of pocket costs through whatever method you desire (or the hospital, dr, office) accepts and then reimburse your bank account with your HSA. Paying with tax free $ is better than paying with after tax $ in my simple opinion.
Not just tax free. Technically at a discount depending on your tax bracket. Paying 75 cents on the dollar for medical procedures + miles isn't too shabby.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
And don't forget to write up that scenic trip to the CU on the Arrival Travel site to get gift cards or Arrival miles.
Lol. That is way more scenic than a couple of mine.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:37 am

Am I the only one that puts his low-credit score neighbors as AUs on CCs to rack up points, and when CC statements are due, send "collectors" around the neighborhood to collect cash?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:42 am

Seriously, there is merit in that idea. We could act as brokers: you give me your SS#, DOB, DL#, etc, I take care of the rest, send you a check monthly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.