Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staples Order on Hold

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Staples Order on Hold

I placed an order for a gift card through Staples.com recently. I got a call yesterday from (859) 647-5700. I looked it up, and it was Staples.

I didn't call back, but the next day they called me again and left a voicemail, saying the order was being placed on hold, with no further information.

Has anybody run into this issue? I'm going to call them back to check on what's happening, but I'm curious if anybody has experienced this before. I've spent about $2k on VGCs and Amex GCs over the past couple of months, but nothing extravagant. Just curious if this is something that Staples does on a regular basis or if they just really like me.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
I placed an order for a gift card through Staples.com recently. I got a call yesterday from (859) 647-5700. I looked it up, and it was Staples.

I didn't call back, but the next day they called me again and left a voicemail, saying the order was being placed on hold, with no further information.

Has anybody run into this issue? I'm going to call them back to check on what's happening, but I'm curious if anybody has experienced this before. I've spent about $2k on VGCs and Amex GCs over the past couple of months, but nothing extravagant. Just curious if this is something that Staples does on a regular basis or if they just really like me.
How big is the order if you don't mind sharing? I've done a few online VGC orders via staples.com but none are >$500 and have had no problem so far. They all shipped promptly.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lad2
How big is the order if you don't mind sharing? I've done a few online VGC orders via staples.com but none are >$500 and have had no problem so far. They all shipped promptly.
Under $400
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:14 pm

Used coupon codes?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
Used coupon codes?
I went through a shopping portal, but I didn't use any coupon codes. Last time I did this same thing, the order went through fine.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
When this happened to me Citi had put a fraud block on my AA Biz card.
I called Citi to clear it and then Staples to put the charge thru again.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vodkashine
Interesting. It shows up on my online statement as "Pending," along with other charges I have made in the past few days.

I always try to avoid talking on the phone to companies while MSing, but there may be no way around this one.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:08 pm

I had this call a few weeks ago and I asked a few simple questions. I was told it was a simple fraud call from staples and once I was cleared (which just took answering a question or two) I wouldn't get the call again.

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
Quote:

Originally Posted by vodkashine

Interesting. It shows up on my online statement as "Pending," along with other charges I have made in the past few days.

I always try to avoid talking on the phone to companies while MSing, but there may be no way around this one.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:18 pm
IPG

Programs: *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
I had a hold when I first tried this. The phone number associated with the CC was not the same as what I used on the order. It was resolved quickly. No problems since.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help, everybody. I'll call them up and report back.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

So, I called them today, and like was mentioned before, I just had to give them my mailing address. They didn't ask for anything else. And now the order is going through.

I guess this is part of fraud/money laundering detection or something? Either way, turned out fine.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
I have a $25 off $100 Staples offer on my AMEX. Anyone use this on a Staples GC? If so, did it process and you got the credit?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by f0xx
I have a $25 off $100 Staples offer on my AMEX. Anyone use this on a Staples GC? If so, did it process and you got the credit?
my wife bought 2 $50 nordstrom gc at a physical staples store and got the 25 credit.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by particlemn
my wife bought 2 $50 nordstrom gc at a physical staples store and got the 25 credit.
No Staples near my location.
Will have to buy online.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by f0xx
Yes and yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.