Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

How do you get your money back from locked account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:15 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT

Hello, my question is specific to an experience with PayPower, but there is no talk in that thread about this specific issue.

PayPower account locked by Metabank.

Called Paypower and talk to Risk Department. They will not talk to me as there is a specific individual who is dealing with me at Blackhawk Network. Only problem this individual is "away from his desk" for the past 3 weeks.

OK so I ask to get my money back. They now start asking questions about how I purchase the reload it pack. Do I use CASH or CREDIT card??? How am I supposed to answer. Does it matter?

Then they tell me to fax more personal info to them? Guess who I make the fax out to ----> The same person who is "away from his desk" and is not able to call me back.

Any tips? Not sure if some of the other manufactured spends deal with the same Metabank or Blackhawk Network. But I have a couple thousand locked, and would like to get some of my money, if not most.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Many had reported success in getting them to cut you a check quickly after filing a complaint with the FDIC.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Well my PayPower account by Metabank is still locked after 8 months.

I threatened with the FDIC complaint but and they temporarily unlocked it but refused to close my PayPower account (Thus are still charging me $4.95 maintenance fees)

I am stuck as they closed all the Safeway stores in my area where they sold me my PayPower card so I cannot get any help in getting the original receipt of purchase.

Should I try to go ahead and file a FDIC complaint. Does anyone know what the address of Metabank that PayPower uses as I need an address for the FDIC complaint.

HELP....I am still stuck.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by smilee

I threatened with the FDIC complaint but and they temporarily unlocked it but refused to close my PayPower account (Thus are still charging me $4.95 maintenance fees)

I am stuck as they closed all the Safeway stores in my area where they sold me my PayPower card so I cannot get any help in getting the original receipt of purchase.

Should I try to go ahead and file a FDIC complaint. Does anyone know what the address of Metabank that PayPower uses as I need an address for the FDIC complaint.

Yes, back in March when 1st suggested. The reason they've kept you at bay for 6 months is because you let them.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by smilee

You don't have the original receipt of purchase? You just threw it away? MS rookie mistake. Wow learn to never throw any MS related receipts away. Also the fact that you waited this long to file a FDIC complaint is mind boggling. After a week of no resolution its off to FDIC complaint filing.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Looks like he is in Canada. I don't think he's even eligible for any protection by the FDIC or CFPB. I would imagine he'd have to go through the Canadian equivalent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.