Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Billing Address for card?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Multiple Billing Address for card?

Hi:

I want to try using a second billing address for the SO. We currently live at different addresses and there are some deals that are nice to snag which require different addresses. There are also forms of MS that can be doubled with the help of different billing addresses.

Anybody have experience asking for 2 billing addresses connected to two people on the same card without raising any eyebrows? AKA Me with my billing address, SO added as AU with her billing address. Especially if the 2 billing addresses are in the same city (I could see how a valid excuse may be a long distance relationship or overseas business).

Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:45 am

Deleted.

Last edited by MsArbi; Oct 29, 2014 at 11:45 pm
Old Feb 26, 2014, 10:57 am

My Chase Ink has two addresses, maybe because it is a business card and I entered business and home address in the application. I've been using my home address as billing, even though it is secondary, and the transactions go through.

Go to the bank web site and see whether they support multiple addresses.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:00 am

I know someone that has two billing addresses on one credit card but it's in a small town where mail is delivered only to PO Boxes for everyone in the town but CC issuer still requires physical address. That could be where a "shipping" address comes into play.

An easier method might be to add SO as an authorized user under the different address. I know some credit card issuers allow this, but I don't know for sure if the AUs different address would also work as a different billing address.

Last edited by brc01; Feb 26, 2014 at 7:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
I remember asking a CC long ago...can't remember if it was Chase or Amex, but have a feeling it was Amex, if I could add a different billing address to my card, and they said that I'd have to change my billing address, period. They'd allow that.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Seems like adding a shipping address may be a way around this.

Originally Posted by brc01
I know some credit card issuers allow this, but I don't know for sure if the AUs different address would also work as a different billing address.
Which issuers does this? You can PM me if needed. Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:27 pm

I would think most banks allow this. I added a friend as an AU to a US Bank card and the form allowed me to fill out a different address. They sent the AU card to my own address though and not my friend's address, but I believe my friend's address is in the system for the card.

Also, Amex asks for an address of your choice when adding ACMs (AUs). The benefit with Amex is the ACM card has a completely different credit card number, so that can be useful for things like AP.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Ah, I'd love it if the Amex rules transcended to Barclays, Chase or Citi. I really don't do as much MS on Amex as I do with other banks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.