Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2014, 10:12 pm

No issues on my end. Added funds this a.m., just paid a bill, and I am able to access account online.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by BigDawgFT
No issues on my end. Added funds this a.m., just paid a bill, and I am able to access account online.
I was able to load and BP but it didn't show up when I clicked on the transaction list.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
I was able to load and BP but it didn't show up when I clicked on the transaction list.
The BP transaction didn't show up for me either. I made another $1 test payment just to make sure that it wasn't that the BP request didn't make it through.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
The BP transaction didn't show up for me either. I made another $1 test payment just to make sure that it wasn't that the BP request didn't make it through.
That might an issue with BP system. BB has had issues with BP for the last few days, now it's TM's turn.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:14 am

BP is down for me too, but I was also unable to make a POS purchase. Think I may have been shut down. I can still log on and get to the submit button for BP, but it goes through as "Incomplete Info"
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by hitman1420
BP is down for me too, but I was also unable to make a POS purchase. Think I may have been shut down. I can still log on and get to the submit button for BP, but it goes through as "Incomplete Info"
I just completed 2 BPs ten minutes ago. It will be interesting to see what the "symptoms" are for shut down with this card. I hope for your sake you're not shut down!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
XR, if you load >=monthly I haven't seen any benefit to having a mobile account, just sign up online (P.S. I was surprised to see the temporary cards actually for sale in a grocery or drug store two days ago).
They refund your reload fee if you load $400 or more (i think) at once
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:01 am

have 2 cards, one i can login ok and load, the other i cant logon, get the "call customer service" message on the login screen. has been that way since last night except when the login button didnt even work.

call customer service and put the working card info into the ivr and get card balance info, everything seems ok.

call customer service again and use the non working card number and get a message that they are performing system maintenance and to call back later, no balance info, no offer to talk to rep.

fwiw
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday
Now my BP transaction shows up.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:25 am

I am getting "At this time we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service."

For the people it is working, What browser you are using?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by tech2011
I am getting "At this time we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please contact customer service."

Chrome
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by tech2011

I use app and safari.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:05 am

for me it doesnt work and also works on firefox, and ie. one account works, one doesnt. any csr who says it is browser specific is 99.99% full of it.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:07 am

Just curious for those that bought the Tmobile card at a retail store like Safeway, I registered my account using the temporary card in the package. Is Tmobile suppose to send you a permanent Tmobile debit card with your name on it? Certainly the temporary card could not be used for debit card purchases even though I don't plan to use the Tmobile card for instore purchases.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:08 am

Yes you get a full card with name after you activate and register it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.