Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Maybe I missed this, but what exactly does this mean?

"Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit “Safe” are not eligible for any fee credit."
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by JB5150
Maybe I missed this, but what exactly does this mean?

"Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit “Safe” are not eligible for any fee credit."
You can go to the Reloadit website and use their "safe" to add money to the T-mobile card, but those loads won't have the fee reimbursed.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:38 pm

I have tried to do a bill pay for the couple of days, I am getting an error message. I can make purchase and also phone system doesn't defer me to a representative. Has anybody done a bill pay recently?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnycomeslater
I have tried to do a bill pay for the couple of days, I am getting an error message. I can make purchase and also phone system doesn't defer me to a representative. Has anybody done a bill pay recently?
If you are trying to use the T-Mobile BP system, perhaps the MS Gods are keeping it from going thru, which would could quite possibly lead to having your account shut down.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by nkp46
Today I used the card at WM to purchase a $3 item, and requested a $100 cash back. $103 is posted as total purchase.

Is this considered a risking behavior? Last week I also got $60 cash back when I used it at stop shop. $60 is max at stopshop and $100 is max in WM.

will not do this often, but just curious how bad it is.
FYI, they hate WM. So do it in supermarkets.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 12:51 pm

anyone managed to use more than 1 tmo card ?

I bought 2. the first one registered fine online, and I can access it and use RL to load it.

the second one's registration failed, I called and they told me it's only 1/SSN.

is there any way to get around that ?

both cards work fine, I just don't know how to use the 2nd card without registrating it (load/unload)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:50 pm

Got the promo $10 for the survey today...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by GTFan
Got the promo $10 for the survey today...
Same here. Today.

08/21/2014 Promotional Load Value Load $10.00 $10.00

$10 balance to burn. Or maybe load Serve with for last(?) time.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:54 pm

Instant Amazon GC for me.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:33 pm

anyone know how to generate an official looking monthly statement? I see that the website allows you to bring up an account history but that is all.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:27 pm

Got the $10 credit on both of my accounts today. I am surprised they weren't closed when I BPed $2000 out of each of them leaving only $0.01
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:26 am

Which is the lesser evil to unload these? MO purchase? BP at WM or using through Evolve? I don't want to risk getting the card shutdown and am only doing about 2K a month. I have about 700 to unload this week, have limited to less than 400 transactions in the past.

Reading through the thread has conflicting reports. I know not to use the BP service on their site?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, short of sending to "me" at AP,

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by givingitatry
Which is the lesser evil to unload these? MO purchase? BP at WM or using through Evolve? I don't want to risk getting the card shutdown and am only doing about 2K a month. I have about 700 to unload this week, have limited to less than 400 transactions in the past.

Reading through the thread has conflicting reports. I know not to use the BP service on their site?

Thanks
They all have the same risk.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by k81689
FYI, they hate WM. So do it in supermarkets.
thank you for answering my question. I will do it at groceries stores
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by givingitatry

Thanks
as I read through the forum, it seems buying MO has the highest risk, BP at WM is better

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.