Wiki Posts
Search

Cha$e Compliance Phone Call

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Cha$e Compliance Phone Call

Just got a call from Cha$e compliance department regarding money orders, AP, PP deposits into my accounts and they asked me to explain where money was coming from and I was depositing said items into my personal accounts....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:31 pm

And.....?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:32 pm

expect to soon get a closure letter
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Id transfer points right now. just me tho.

what exactly was happening tho? Im a little confused with the AP, PP, and MO...
how do they know about MO and PP deposits?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:41 pm
jmw

You can kiss all of your Chase credit and deposit accounts goodbye. I would transfer your UR points, but I suspect it's already too late.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:46 pm
jmw

Explanation for AP = you work at Amazon mTurk and are transferring your earnings
Explanation for PP = your clients pay you by PP and are transferring your earnings
Explanation for MO = don't deposit these at Chase... LOL
Explanation for cash = same thing.... don't deposit greenbacks at Chase

That's one reason why I continue to have relationships with many different credit unions and banks.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:49 pm

Programs: All
One: Get as much points/money/miles out as fast as you can. Cash from the bank is best because Chase is known to stop payment on checks.

Two: Call them and tell them you recently started a business (cleaning service, catering, whatever) and say you want to look into opening a business account. It won't help but long term but it may buy you some time to do step one.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I agree that MOs should be spread around, so they dont' think we're doing something crazy, even though we know we aren't.

I prefer to just load to BB rather than MO to avoid this type of thing. I've never gotten into the PP and AP, although I'm sure I'm giving up on some easy MS there.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
Next is how much MS were you doing? how many chase cards do you have?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:07 pm
jyx

What is PP deposit?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Not really all that heavy. I have a biz checking and two personal checking with Cha$e. Also have a savings account.

15K MOs from July 13-Jan 14 into one personal checking
1000 AP into each personal checking each month
PP -- a lot of my clients pay me via PP. But I've also done the PP cards from CV$ and emptied about 8-10K into each of my two personal accounts over the past 6 months.

I just transferred out 84,700 UR Points.

I actually was wanting to increase my MS with my new WF card. I do have a couple other banks, and should be diversifying... but the convenience of Cha$e has kept me there. I do my bill pay and everyday banking there as well.

Last edited by carsonheim; Jan 15, 2014 at 1:50 pm Reason: I *wish* I had 847,000 UR points, but had an extra zero....
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
You were probably flagged by the AML (anti-money laundering) department. As anyone who pays attention to the news knows, the banking industry, and JPMC in particular, are under a lot of scrutiny.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

I'd like to do about 30K-50K per mo MS. I have two BB accounts, so that's 10K. I'll also start redirecting some of my activities away from Cha$e (if they don't close me down first...).

If there is a mentor who would like to provide best-practices I would be open to receiving PM.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by carsonheim
Not really all that heavy.

15K MOs from July 13-Jan 14 into one personal checking
1000 AP into each personal checking each month
PP -- a lot of my clients pay me via PP. But I've also done the PP cards from CV$ and emptied about 8-10K into each of my two personal accounts over the past 6 months.
According to this, you were doing ~7800 a month across all of your accounts over the past 6 months (15K MO + 12K AP + 20K PP).

What's did you put down as annual income and was this level of MS a large deviation from previous months?

To everyone else: is this amount usually flagged for MS?
Old Jan 15, 2014, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

annual income far exceeds these numbers. I really feel like my numbers are so inconsequential compared to what I see/hear others are doing. Open to tips and tricks to keep the cardinals at bay.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.