Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Demise of Grocery Store MS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by SeahawkRaptor
No problems here in Philly area. I always just go straight to the customer service desk since I am buying several K each trip and the cards are slow to activate. They log my DL # in a binder and have told me they have to file a SAR if I go over $10k a calendar month at a single location.

I know many areas have supermarkets with gas rewards for purchases but none local here.
I've never tried the customer service desk when buying large amounts of GCs. Luckily, my area grocery stores have all taken cc
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nrdk
Those super deals still taking place up north? Things dried up on the iowa side
roundy's inc. (milwaukee-based grocery store chain) stores always have some weird promo going on. stuff like monopoly and stuff.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by pier11
I'm in search for ideas of coupons use. Got similar amounts myself.
Anything other that stock up for the next year?..
No, and as a matter of fact, these coupons had to be used within one week of purchasing the gift cards. But, no matter. I'm stocked up on a lot of things and having a son at home and having his friends over makes groceries disappear. $20 can be inhaled in a matter of minutes.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by bismark
Safeway here in San Francisco has little signs explicitly saying Visa/MC gift cards are cash only.
Never had a problem with Dominicks here in Chicago (part of the Safeway chain).

Dominicks is closing at the end of December and majority of stores are being bought by Mariano's (relative of the original Dominick).
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:27 am

Demise of Grocery Store MS

They are super nice at my market that gives 4x gas rewards for gift cards (promo ended though). I started going to customer service to purchase since they always have to call them over for approval anyway for $500 charge on credit card. So I bought $1000 at customer service. No questions, just a quick glance at DL to check id. They would be happy if I bought even more but I can only use so much gas. Why can't Walmart be like this!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 1:28 pm

I'm in search for ideas of coupons use. Got similar amounts myself.
Anything other that stock up for the next year?..
We load up on toilet paper, laundry detergent, toothpaste, tooth brushes, and other cleaning supplies that are on sale that week since we know we'd use at some point
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by jm38750n
We load up on toilet paper, laundry detergent, toothpaste, tooth brushes, and other cleaning supplies that are on sale that week since we know we'd use at some point
For those items I got CVS extra bucks! From that $50 ECB for a paypal card deal(s)
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:20 pm
Suspended

lol those cvs bucks. i went in and bought those paypal cards without thinking what i would do with all those cvs bucks. in the end i gave them to my wife to buy whatever she wanted. i never saw a bigger bag of lotions, cremes, balms and ointments in all my days!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
No problem here either...Kroger and Giant Eagle...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Local Giant Eagle here in Cleveland only have $25/50 visa GCs. Frustrating.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:45 am

For those items I got CVS extra bucks! From that $50 ECB for a paypal card deal(s)
I didn't jump on that deal because I didn't know what we'd do with all those CVS bucks. But come to think of it, we couldn't have purchased the same stuff at CVS instead of a grocery store
Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:56 am
wcj

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Mind sharing which chain this is (PM if needed). I am in the Philly area
The grocer gives gas perks with the gas station that is paired with blankets. Closest to PHL is in Norristown. Im not PA based, but spouse has family there and the grocer is all over PA.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:21 am

I love this song:

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white clean and bright
You look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss,Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 11:14 pm
Suspended

whatever dude this is better, but still keeping in the german tradition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zguj9KOUdHo
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
whatever dude this is better, but still keeping in the german tradition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zguj9KOUdHo
Looks like just another typical saturday night at my house.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.