Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Demise of Grocery Store MS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
5. bacon!
Shh.. Not yet. That will come next, right after Feds will block plastic recycling.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
No problems in the Chicago area. As a matter of fact, the local chain Jewel had a deal that just ended last week. Buy $100 worth of gift cards and receive a $20 coupon for your next grocery purchase. I got hundreds of dollars in free groceries!
Old Dec 12, 2013, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kcblakely
What specific product are you talking?

1. ReLoadit?
2. Vanilla Reloads?
3. Prepaid MC/V gift cards?
4. Store/restaurant gift cards?
5. Something else?

I have no issues at all with #3&4. I usually buy $5K of #3 at a time with a CC. I *have* been shut down a few times for #1 at Safeway....
Reloadits were my primary purchases at these two grocery stores. sounds like everyone else is still having success, so I may go give this another shot...
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by balima
I got hundreds of dollars in free groceries!
I'm in search for ideas of coupons use. Got similar amounts myself.
Anything other that stock up for the next year?..
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by ntr91
My grocery store has a sign on the rack saying

"We accept all major credit and debit cards for Gift Card purchases"

...and you can still earn gas points 24/7/365

Edit: I'm in PA
Mind sharing which chain this is (PM if needed). I am in the Philly area
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Suspended

grocery store ms is tough in the twin cities, but i could care less for real since theres bigger and better fish to fry out in these frozen lands
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:23 pm

I enjoyed the diversity of MS that Rainbows offered here for a while, barnyard
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BBPlaya13
I enjoyed the diversity of MS that Rainbows offered here for a while, barnyard
those freshperks points were nice, wern't they. those points more than covered the $3.95 fee. if you were super unlucky and got just 11 freshcards with only 25 points each, thats still 275 points. since u needed 5000 points to get a $50 gc, those 275 free points were worth $5.50. Guess what I bought with my six $50 rainbow giftcards?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 8:49 pm

Never been able to buy reloads at grocery in Bay Area. But wide open for gift cards (MC/Visa). Reloads are cheaper, but cashout opportunities are limited as compared to gcs. I'll gladly pay the extra fees for effectively unlimited MS.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
grocery store ms is tough in the twin cities, but i could care less for real since theres bigger and better fish to fry out in these frozen lands
Those super deals still taking place up north? Things dried up on the iowa side
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:52 pm
Suspended

supermkts are more expense then anywhere else except for the OSs. So unless they are running a promo or you can earn more then 1x , they arent for me reduces my net by too much
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:28 pm

Safeway here in San Francisco has little signs explicitly saying Visa/MC gift cards are cash only.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I was buying reloads (specifically, ReloadIt) from Harris Teeter in NC. In the past week, I've been to two stores and the registers were hard-coded not to take CC for ReloadIts. At one store, the manager said they received an email recently saying no CC for ReloadIts, but that CCs are OK for all other gift cards. So still opportunity, though I liked the ease of ReloadIts.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:12 am

I only do supermarkets during the 2X or 4X fuel promos, but after the recent 4X promo the worst i've seen is one of my former go to stores required me to purchase at the customer service desk. Had no problems there though.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: All
No problems here in Philly area. I always just go straight to the customer service desk since I am buying several K each trip and the cards are slow to activate. They log my DL # in a binder and have told me they have to file a SAR if I go over $10k a calendar month at a single location.

I know many areas have supermarkets with gas rewards for purchases but none local here.

Last edited by SeahawkRaptor; Dec 13, 2013 at 9:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.