Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Albertsons Stores: Buy gift card, get coupon [recurring]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 7, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lobo411
Buy $100 in giftcards, get a $10 off $25 coupon, through 12/25/14. Limit one offer per transaction.

I bought 2x $50 Amazon.com cards, and IIRC they had a few others...mostly branded like Dominos etc...

You could also get $100 in Mastercard giftcards but the activation fees kill the deal imo.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus

Advertised in today's Pacific Northwest circular for Albertsons grocery stores.

Buy $100 in select* gift cards, EARN $20 off your next grocery purchase.

Pictured in the ad: Applebees, Kohl's, iTunes... and Mastercard gift cards!

Offer valid 11/20/13 - 12/03/13 *See store for participating gift cards. $20 free grocery coupon issed at checkout and may be redeemed on your NEXT grocery purchase. Coupon expires (1) week after issuance. Coupon not valid for previous purchases and cannot be used to purchase gift cards. Limit one coupon per qualifying and redeeming transaction - see coupon for additional restrictions. While supplies last. No rain checks. Gift card brands are subject to availability and selection varies by store - product offer may not be available in all States. See gift cards for details, terms and conditions and (if applicable) fees. **Qualifying MasterCard gift card purchases limited to $25, $50, and $100 denominations only. The MasterCard Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:23 am

Thanks, the sneak peak ad at albertsons.com for SoCal stores has the deal.

Cracks me up how the math/strategy of MS is so mind-boggling when you compare this deal to Vons. Our Albertsons used to be Lucky -- good everyday prices then, now not so much but the Albertsons meat counter (and all employees on average) are better than Vons IMO.

Who wants to test-violate the MCGC denomination terms to see if Albertsons programmed the computers wrong? FWIW a 2.5% cashback card would seem to earn equal "free"ness, Alb 100 MCGC v. Vons 500 MCGC.

Last edited by zceuxbhjutf; Nov 19, 2013 at 11:56 am
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:42 am

It's in the DFW ad for 11/20 as well. Anyone know if this is $20 off $20 or $20 off $50?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
Does anyone know what are the items excluded (like diary, alcohol, cigs etc). And is the discount $20 off of any purchase over $20?

Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
Advertised in today's Pacific Northwest circular for Albertsons grocery stores.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:27 pm

Heres the T&C's:

Buy $100 in select* gift cards

EARN $20 off your next grocery purchase. Offer valid 11/20/13 – 12/03/13 *See store for participating gift cards. $20 free grocery coupon issued at checkout and may be redeemed on your NEXT grocery purchase. Coupon expires (1) week after issuance. Coupon not valid for previous purchases and cannot be used to purchase gift cards. Limit one coupon per qualifying and redeeming transaction - see coupon for additional restrictions. While supplies last. No rain checks. Gift card brands are subject to availability and selection varies by store – product offer may not be available in all States. See gift cards for details, terms and conditions and (if applicable) fees. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. **Qualifying MasterCard gift card purchases limited to $25, $50 and $100 denominations only. The MasterCard Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:27 pm

Perfect timing for me. Will be purchasing items with the coupons for the people devastated in the Washington, IL tornado. My son's town was torn apart by this event and every little bit helps. Hope Albertson's allows multiple visits/coupons during this special so that I can deliver truckloads of needed products.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:51 pm

Sadly my local Albertsons are all cash only for prepaid cards.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Dynastar
This is actually one of the rare cases where you come out with a profit even spending cash. Yes, it would be better with credit, but you're still coming out $14.05 ahead with cash.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:06 pm

FWIW I'm earning cashback on cash, too. Barber, taco truck, country club tipping (always with cash for best service), cabs once in awhile, yadda yadda...
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:43 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Albertsons is apparently trying to one-up Safeway on this.

Let's see if we can trigger a price war.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dynastar

Not in my city. I can buy $500 visa gc's all day long.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Sadly, looks like fixed value GC's only.

But, I'll give it a try tomorrow on a variable load $500 anyway, unless someone tries before me and reports negative results.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
FWIW I'm earning cashback on cash, too. Barber, taco truck, country club tipping (always with cash for best service), cabs once in awhile, yadda yadda...
"cashback in cash"...do not see that as possible but I do not believe a casg tip equates to better service than a cc tip
Old Nov 20, 2013, 4:41 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Albertsons Stores: Buy $100 Prepaid MC, get $20 free groceries (11/20-12/3)

I noticed on the front page of my ad for phx there is also a separate deal for spend $100 get $10 back. I doubt you could spend $100 on gc's and get $30 back, but maybe some of us will stumble across a confused (generous) cashier
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Sadly, looks like fixed value GC's only.

But, I'll give it a try tomorrow on a variable load $500 anyway, unless someone tries before me and reports negative results.
And...

No coupon for the $500 MC purchase.

Manager manually produced a coupon, while noting that her interpretation of the fine print that only the fixed value $25, $50 and $100 cards would work (which I would agree with her on that), and that her manually producing the coupon would be a one-time courtesy.

The coupon itself is a $20 off of $20 coupon, same (undisclosed) exclusions as Vons deal, in fact coupon has same exact exclusions disclosure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.