Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who benefits from MS? Who loses?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 11:25 am

Yeah I don't get the blogger bashing... although some of them seem more dishonest than others, just treat them the same as a commercial you see on TV and be aware that they are trying to sell you something in the end. Alot of information on the blogs are accurate, but skewed in favor of the product they're selling. In the end, the consumer has to make their own decisions on whether to "buy" the product or not, and the bloggers have to make a living.

I do understand the argument saying credit cards are different from normal consumer product since they can ruin lives for the uneducated, however. That is a separate argument...
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
The fact is travel blogging is not a very lucrative endeavor for the vast majority of bloggers. It takes several years to build up a big enough reader base to be able get enough referral fees to rake in any material amount of income. And even then, they either have a "real" job, or were rich before they started blogging and didn't need the income. There are too many blogs out there now, too much competition for most to make all that much off referral fees.

I agree that some push it too far and relentlessly pimp specific cards(TPG-->CSP) but most are pretty transparent. And most seem to actually care about helping their readers whereas on FT you're just as likely to encounter flamers or people intentionally deceiving you in order to keep "their" methods secret.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.