Wiki Posts
Search

AAA - no processing fee giftcards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:11 am

Not offered in KY.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Offered in MN/IA, but only cash/debit oddly enough. For those in Minneapolis, be aware that Minneapolis AAA is separate from MN/IA AAA and I have been told that they are not participating in the program
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by combiblock
any socal datapoint?
also would like to know this
Old Nov 5, 2013, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by stimulus
You can also think of it this way - $50 for AAA membership for a lot of various discounts in addition to the tow, insurance and whatnots but also in terms of MS, if there's no limit on the amount of cards you can get, that $50 should go a long way...
How is your CC report of your purchase? No CA I hope.

Last edited by Deallover; Nov 5, 2013 at 2:39 pm
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:20 pm

Called two offices in Northern California, and checked the Nov/Dec Via magazine we get, no such luck. They all say they have never heard of the free gift card offer. Even worse, they say they do not sell the gift cards here in the two northern California offices I called. Anyone here have better luck than me???
Old Nov 5, 2013, 5:47 pm

I went into a AAA office in NorCal and person said that they didn't sell Visa GC. Also checked online at the SoCal AAA website. You can buy Visa gc, but no mention of fee being waived and fee shows up in the shopping cart.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:59 pm

Possible MS?: AAA - no processing fee giftcards - Nov / Dec

I'm in chicago on business and they do sell it here fee free. Bought 4 cards, set the pin and then went to Walmart and deposit it into BB. Thanks OP for heads up, very nice
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:41 pm

Travel Money Card

Beyond the gift cards, anyone have any experiences with the AAA Travel Money prepaid card?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:00 pm

I bought some GC's at location A three times already this month for a total of $6k. I went to location B today and asked them if there was a limit and they said there wasn't. I asked for $5k and got the scammer treatment. She kept going on about how they have to comply with the 'Patriot Act' and wasn't sure if she could sell me that much. I heard her on the phone trying to call other people for answers and could hear her saying that she, 'didn't feel comfortable'. I must have been there for close to an hour and she let me buy $2,500 worth. She told me that I couldn't buy any more until she 'found out' about whatever she needed to know to comply with the 'Patriot Act'. I asked her to follow up with me so she took down my phone number. I took her business card because I know what "I'll call you," usually means.

Location A didn't bat an eye when I went there even though the most that I bought in one trip was $3k. The 'detective' at location B also mentioned that there was some kind of form that they had to fill out and she said that it was stored on file with their company.

Really, what is so odd about somebody buying a bunch of prepaid GC's?

Data point: These are both Mid-Atlantic locations.

Last edited by Rooks; Nov 6, 2013 at 4:08 pm
Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:25 pm

Bought 4k at a mid-Atlantic location today. I was the first person to take advantage of this promotion. They couldn't have been nicer. They said this promotion also is offered around Mother's Day.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:31 pm

FWIW -- Bought $4k at Orlando (Dr. Philips) store. No guff from clerk, but it took a while, e.g., he manually entered all numbers vs. scanning.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:43 pm

no go in south county STL.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:30 pm

The clerk at my store asked if i was paying with a credit card and mentioned that there are possible cash advance fees from the credit card company. I used my chase southwest and my cash advance limit is set to 0. Transaction also shows up as AAA Auto Club South. I think i should be fine. Anyone have any problems with cash advance fees doing this?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
No cash advance fees on Chase, B of A, Barclays for me.

One note - I took a long shot at seeing if it would code as a travel purchase on my Barclays Arrival card. It didn't.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by ctbarron
No cash advance fees on Chase, B of A, Barclays for me.

One note - I took a long shot at seeing if it would code as a travel purchase on my Barclays Arrival card. It didn't.
Is it a travel category on Chase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.