Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

If you are not worried about staples.com banning you !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

If you are not worried about staples.com banning you !!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 5:46 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
Originally Posted by portishead
I put my order in on 8/26, and it appears to have shipped ok (card not officially charged though)...better yet, it is already pending in my UR Mall account.
I'm pretty sure you won't be getting UR points for gift card purchases via the portal site. They will remove it.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
well, no harm at all but once i click on it to see the coupon code, the page doesn't automatically go to staples.com...it just stays there. There's not even a link that takes me to staples or something.
Go back and look at the original tab. It should proceed to the site. It's the newly spawned tab that displays the coupon, and as you cite, doesn't forward beyond the creation of the code.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by mooper
Go back and look at the original tab. It should proceed to the site. It's the newly spawned tab that displays the coupon, and as you cite, doesn't forward beyond the creation of the code.
the original tab stays in the UR Mall page, the newly spawnd tab shows the countdown then instead of going to staples.com it goes to the coupon page.

ugh, this is very annoying.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Finally my 2 two orders(6 cards) were shipped today from warehouse. I didn't push my luck using UR mall but used Ink/Bold cards.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 6:18 pm

If Staples doesn't allow you to use the coupon contrary to the printed terms on the coupon, you should hire an attorney and sue them for a million dollars! It is the FlyerTalk way!
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:28 pm

Hey all - I've been readying the forums for a couple months now and thought this would be a good place to finally chime in..

I ordered a single $100 GC on 8/26 and received it in today's mail. Looks like it was drop shipped from Gift Card Mall. No bonus points yet from UR Mall. Just thought I would share my experience..
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by UATravler577
Hey all - I've been readying the forums for a couple months now and thought this would be a good place to finally chime in..

I ordered a single $100 GC on 8/26 and received it in today's mail. Looks like it was drop shipped from Gift Card Mall. No bonus points yet from UR Mall. Just thought I would share my experience..
Welcome to Flyertalk! Nice to have someone contribute on their first post.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:44 pm

I can confirm the post above, exactly the same experience.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:49 pm

When I try to activate my cards it asks for a security code, is that mailed separately?
Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:54 pm
jyx

Originally Posted by drdrew450
When I try to activate my cards it asks for a security code, is that mailed separately?
I received my visa card with a separate mail from giftcardmall, which listed the activation code. So wait for the mail.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:54 pm

you can also call to get it activated after you are asked some questions to verify your identity.

Originally Posted by drdrew450
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
FINALLY received confirmation emails that they had been shipped from the warehouse to the store I am picking them up at.

I was really hoping to just save time by picking them up because they were likely already in stock, but apparently that's not how their game works
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Strangely, for me, I was only billed the ~86 on my CC, but the ultimate rewards credit is on the full ~106. When I saw the latter post before the former, I simply assumed that Staples cancled the coupon discount. However, my staples invoice didn't change and my CC was eventually billed with the coupon added...
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by anime333
Strangely, for me, I was only billed the ~86 on my CC, but the ultimate rewards credit is on the full ~106. When I saw the latter post before the former, I simply assumed that Staples cancled the coupon discount. However, my staples invoice didn't change and my CC was eventually billed with the coupon added...
I went through the AA portal, same result.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:28 pm

Data point: Ordered $150 worth of itunes gc's on the 28th using the coupon. Credit card was charged, got the UR points via portal, but the order is still showing as processing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.