Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

What cards can be used to load the BlueBird AMEX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Topic.

So I finally got some of my cards in the mail.
I activate'em and try purchasing some VRs at the local Walgreens and CVS.

Walgreens: the cashier had to call his manager to have him check out the purchase (understandable). Manager tells me that it's $500 per customer per day. They try it out and on the screen it says it's CASH ONLY.
Looks like I'm SOL there...

CVS: I try to purchase the a VR here. Before even scanning the card, the granny/lady asks me straight up, "With cash right?"
I say credit and she's reluctant to do it so I suggest just trying it out. Though I didn't exactly see the screen for myself, she says it's cash only.
I'll try again tonight/another day to see if I can get a more favorable response and to actually see that it says cash only for VRs on their screens.

Now the only reason I'm trying to purchase VRs only is because it seems like this is everyone favorit card to purchase to meet the limits due to it having:
-the lowest/cheapest activation fee, and
-the convenience to load up your BlueBird online with.

If I'm going to have issues with purchasing VRs, then I'd rather take what I can get just as long as I can load up the prepaid/gift cards onto my BlueBird.

Seriously, what's a couple of more bucks to active a card compared to some points to jump hemispheres cheaply???
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:11 pm

walgreens is cash only for Vanilla Reloads all over the country.

CVS accepts your credit purchase of Vanilla Reloads all over the country. You should have had no problem at all. You can do $1000 a day (2 cards). Have a ball.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

GEEZ!! With that being the case,

what can I throw at'em to have them process my transaction?

-"Can we at least try it?"
-"I've done this at other stores just fine!"
-I made the exact/similar purchase just the other day!"

I guess she was just scared for her job/fraud... which is understandable...
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:14 pm
wcj

Welcome to FT!

Here is the thread that answers most of the questions you will have, typically several times over. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

You may search the forum with the term Bluebird and find it. Once you have found the thread, you may search inside the thread with other search terms. Enjoy.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Xiztian
GEEZ!! With that being the case,

what can I throw at'em to have them process my transaction?

-"Can we at least try it?"
-"I've done this at other stores just fine!"
-I made the exact/similar purchase just the other day!"

I guess she was just scared for her job/fraud... which is understandable...
Any of those should work. Do you have another CVS in your city? Or perhaps try to see if you can purchase them in the pharmacy.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wcj
Welcome to FT!

Here is the thread that answers most of the questions you will have, typically several times over. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

You may search the forum with the term Bluebird and find it. Once you have found the thread, you may search inside the thread with other search terms. Enjoy.
AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the help!! And trust me, I did use the search function but of course the good thing about the internet is, "There's a lot of good information out there!!"
And the bad thing about the internet is, "THERE A ....IN LOT OF GOOD INFORMATION OUT THERE!!!"

Trust me, I'm not new to online forum ethics and culture and I knew what I needed to do to find the answer I was looking for. The problem was, it's just all so scattered!!

Anyways, thanks again!

@texasguy,

I actually went to a couple other CVS after my daily labor. Turns out, it varies by store.
The first and second CVSs I dropped by today actually had it in their system that their only allowed to take cash for the VR cards.
I actually took a pic of what it said on their computers that was disallowing them to process the transaction.
I'd post it, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pics yet being that I'm a new user to these forums.

But thanks so much for your contribution. My problem has been solved.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Please continue discussion in established threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ow-1k-day.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.