Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Age of churn and Mfg spend?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Several dozen
Not a scare, just A+B=C as we learn where some of the mines are placed in the credit minefield. Some of us who run volume tend to find the mines before the rest of the pack and also be on the other boards where this game is played on a grander scale. FR of course is just a nuisance, but I tend to avoid triggering it as it slows monthly intake by locking up 4 cards for about 2 weeks at a financial opportunity cost of about $160.

The real killer in the credit game is sudden increases in velocity as when some decide to goldrush an opportunity fearing its sudden death. A quick, large uptake in credit consumption mimics a well-known risk scenario whereby someone in financial trouble runs up all their credit and then walks off. As such, a response to seeing this pattern may have coded into the card issuers automated internal controls.

Originally Posted by thorax
Can't we stop scaring people with the Amex FR yet? It's been defanged many times...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by thorax
Can't we stop scaring people with the Amex FR yet? It's been defanged many times...
and X-fanged. First time U hear a joke is laughable the fourth time U go 'What?'
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
The real killer in the credit game is sudden increases in velocity as when some decide to goldrush an opportunity fearing its sudden death. A quick, large uptake in credit consumption mimics a well-known risk scenario whereby someone in financial trouble runs up all their credit and then walks off. As such, a response to seeing this pattern may have coded into the card issuers automated internal controls.
makes sense, perceived sustainability (each to their own) is the name of the game. I know I am going to double down on breadth across cards rather than depth on one card.
and ramp it up gradually, as you said, it is the fear of sudden death that makes people disillusioned.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
FR of course is just a nuisance, but I tend to avoid triggering it as it slows monthly intake by locking up 4 cards for about 2 weeks at a financial opportunity cost of about $160.
Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but are you only making $20 a week per card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.