Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Wallet Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Several dozen
B sent to others than A. No transactions were ever slowed, no withdrawls ever made for B. B sent to A and A sent to bank. But A got no note from Cardinal Fang while B got that rap on the knuckles with a ruler from the penguin.

Originally Posted by cfisher6
Some people mentioned having problems when receiving, withdrawing immediately, and sending to others with a cc soon afterward. Did your B send to anyone else? How long do you wait before withdrawing?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Both transaction were under $1000. If what you say is true, maybe we have manual, rather than automated, internal controls initiating the letters. Manual controls are my absolute favorite and conform perfectly to Kennedy's Law - "The only three things certain in life are death, taxes and that internal controls degrade over time."

Originally Posted by prasha11
I did, twice under $1000, no letters
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Both transaction were under $1000. If what you say is true, maybe we have manual, rather than automated, internal controls initiating the letters. Manual controls are my absolute favorite and conform perfectly to Kennedy's Law - "The only three things certain in life are death, taxes and that internal controls degrade over time."
Or perhaps if you cross certain patterns, you're flagged for internal reviews (this step is automatic). The internal reviews are done manually but rather randomly. The intention is that it will punish a few people and the rest are scared into not doing it. My hypothesis is that right now they're using us as beta testers so they're not taking adverse action.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
So far I have only sent $375 and $500 (A-B), with B withdrawing into a bank account and transferring the funds. My plan is to slowly continue to up each payment.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Indeed - weez all lab rats. But the timing of the doubletap of account "B" (reference the movie "Zombieland") would seem to be caused by a repetitive action. And the only repetitive action is A>B, B>A. I agree that surprise and fear are the most effective weapons of the cardinals, but the third weapon is fanatical devotion to the pope (which in cardinal-speak means strict adherence to the rules, terms and conditions of the institution). If what you say is true about your A>B, B>A's , you appear to have got papal dispensation for your sins. Now legions of the lab rats may be inspired to go forth and sin with impunity. Unless Cardinal Fang gets his game on we may see a remake of the movie Ben.

Originally Posted by vtqanh
Or perhaps if you cross certain patterns, you're flagged for internal reviews (this step is automatic). The internal reviews are done manually but rather randomly. The intention is that it will punish a few people and the rest are scared into not doing it. My hypothesis is that right now they're using us as beta testers so they're not taking adverse action.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Shows up as that category for every card I have tested (citi, barclays, chase, amex, discover). I don't have a BGR but haven't seen anyone report on this yet. Would be nice to know.
Agreed, I am going to test this out and will report back.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:21 pm
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I've started doing mostly A-B transfers but am now including a "C" in there. I am also trying to keep the transactions under $500 and will slowly increase them over time but never letting it get out of hand.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 3:46 pm

My first $980 A->B failed. Tried $500 A->B with the same (AmEx Biz) card. Has been pending for the last 5-6 hrs.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:28 pm

I successfully linked GW to BB. Made a test deposit from GW to BB. Went through successfully as a direct deposit.

Then I accidently withdrew $50 from BB to GW using the 'Add to wallet balance' tab. Money showed up in my current balance although BB balance was untouched.

I realized that BB would not allow money to be pulled out, so I decided to deposit the $50 back in to BB.

Now the GW account is empty and my BB account has $50 that never belonged to me in the first place. Wonder what google is going to do when they find out that they credited me $50 but couldn't manage to get it out of my BB account.

This was 3 days ago. I have since added more funds to GW so I don't register a negative balance. Any advise?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Trying to find the right thread, but...In need of a penny if anyone could assist! Would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
In addition to the Dan's Deals conga Fatwallet has several people giving away accounts.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: All of Them
Whats the most someone has withdrawn at one time?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:08 pm

any idea if GW is going to give out 1099 once you have received more than $20K. I won't be surprised if many of us here reach that number in next 8-10 weeks.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123
any idea if GW is going to give out 1099 once you have received more than $20K. I won't be surprised if many of us here reach that number in next 8-10 weeks.
To my understanding, it's $20k and 200 transactions.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
Those points may turn out expensive. I think its 20K or 200

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.