Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Help! Satisfy minimum spend without Vanilla Reloads.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Satisfy minimum spend without Vanilla Reloads.

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DavidAL
You should. Like I said, he made $300 off of you for your app, I'm sure he'd be obliged to help you, and probably refer you to other cards.

This, ladies and gents, is the problem we have discussed ad-nauseum. Said blogger finds new people (not FT'ers) to apply for said CC's, then hopes FT educates them, after said blogger has already made his $$ on the new person. Then we get dozens of "Help", or "I want to go to Australia for free" questions that clog the forum up.

Genesys, my best advice would be to read every thread on the first 2 pages of this forum. If you can't find the answer, then you're in the wrong game. I lurked and read, and read, and read on this forum for months before I even joined.
+1
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Did you ask MMS to help you? He made about $300 profit off your app. That limited time offer has been around a couple times in the last year or so.
Well said.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by genesys9
Am sure everyone around here started off as a newbie and is helping in their own way other new members learn the ropes and tricks of the game. That is what forums are about and especially when you are part of multiple eco-systems, it will happen that you will leverage knowledge across multiple platforms and I don't see any harm in that.
For future reference, LEARN and then DO. Not vice versa.
Oh, and the first two pages in this forum have all the answers you need. Teaching a man to fish...
Old May 17, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
If you think I have not gone through the forum, It is your assumption.

It's the truth

If you go through the first 2 pages, you will understand that none of the links are relevant to say the least for this situation.

There was a thread about the Biz PRG posted earlier today, and this forum is longer than 2 pages

I have already used google and forum search to understand how it is working. Most of the posts talk in acronyms which again is difficult to understand for someone who is new. Am sure everyone around here started off as a newbie and is helping in their own way other new members learn the ropes and tricks of the game. That is what forums are about and especially when you are part of multiple eco-systems, it will happen that you will leverage knowledge across multiple platforms and I don't see any harm in that.
It used to be FT members would spend weeks if not months researching a topic and READING before asking easily answered questions. For some reason this site continues to cater to cleaning up the messes caused by for profit travel related businesses. Even though I try to skip over it (as so many people think you can), you seriously cannot miss the many, many similar questions/answers that have been asked countless times before. Anyone see a particular CEO of one of these for profit travel related businesses answering any questions on FT lately?

David, Thank you but I would not do that. I believe the forum rules are clear about solicitation.
This is hilarious.
Old May 17, 2013, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...This, ladies and gents, is the problem we have discussed ad-nauseum. Said blogger finds new people (not FT'ers) to apply for said CC's, then hopes FT educates them, after said blogger has already made his $$ on the new person...
All this is pure conjecture on your part. You simply have no basis for determining the motives of other people unless they tell you themselves.

Occam's Razor tells me that the blogger merely places the link there for people to click on in hopes of gaining some profit, and nothing more.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:28 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by longhorn11
Anyone see a particular CEO of one of these for profit travel related businesses answering any questions on FT lately?
Couldn't you ask the same about the UA rep or AA rep? Seen either of them taking questions here after a ticket purchase? I see the UA rep occasionally but his primary purpose seems to be posting of press releases. Haven't seen an AA rep in years.

Should we stop discussing airlines and hotels because they don't have reps that participate after a ticket/room purchase? I don't see any difference with credit card applications, no matter where the applicant applied and which link he used. If an FTer wants to discuss it, it's fair game. If you're not happy with the discussion, you alert a moderator, cite the TOS violation, or just move on.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:14 am

Programs: ALL OF THEM, NO STATUS ON ANY OF THEM!!
[/QUOTE]Am sure everyone around here started off as a newbie and is helping in their own way other new members learn the ropes and tricks of the game. That is what forums are about and especially when you are part of multiple eco-systems, it will happen that you will leverage knowledge across multiple platforms and I don't see any harm in that.[/QUOTE]

I was too a newbie and no one wanted to help me buuuu!! I will tell you exactly how to meet your spent secure and fast and give you some pointers just PM me, no harm in helping another fellow points and miles enthusiast!
Old May 18, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: many
No, I have not posted this query on MMS so far.
So why is it you are not starting with the person you paid for services?
Instead you come here to cover many bases but you have yet to even bother the source of who made money off you for simply clicking on his ad?

Take the time to go through all of his pages, and ask him questions over and over and come here when he says he can't help you anymore as you've used up the $300 of his time.

He should be answering all your questions ad nauseam, not us.
Old May 18, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
No, I have not posted this query on MMS so far.
Why not?
Old May 18, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PointsNmilesAddict
Am sure everyone around here started off as a newbie and is helping in their own way other new members learn the ropes and tricks of the game. That is what forums are about and especially when you are part of multiple eco-systems, it will happen that you will leverage knowledge across multiple platforms and I don't see any harm in that.
I was too a newbie and no one wanted to help me buuuu!! I will tell you exactly how to meet your spent secure and fast and give you some pointers just PM me, no harm in helping another fellow points and miles enthusiast!
Good for you. I fully support the rational people on this thread.

genesys9, have you considered a road trip to someplace that has what you need? Might be fun. Otherwise, check out local grocery stores to see if they sell generic Visa cards and will let you pay with your CC. Then get PINs for the cards and load them into BB at Walmart. Check out here or on one of the blog sites for which gift cards work best.

You need your permanent BB card to load funds, not the temporary one, by the way.
Old May 18, 2013, 9:32 am

Did you ask MMS to help you? He made about $300 profit off your app. That limited time offer has been around a couple times in the last year or so.
Does blogger really makes $300 off an Amex App?
I've heard that Chase Sapphire brings $100, CITI brings a small number. But I am surprised to see such a high number for AMEX.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:29 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by LoveMountains
Does blogger really makes $300 off an Amex App?
I've heard that Chase Sapphire brings $100, CITI brings a small number. But I am surprised to see such a high number for AMEX.
Chase brings in a bit more than $100, unless they are sharing a good chunk of it with an affiliate, but the big name people are not sharing that much.
Old May 18, 2013, 10:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by pcharles
He should be answering all your questions ad nauseam, not us.
Might as well just shut down FT and have all the discussion on blogs. There is no requirement here that a member has to take their discussion to a blog. If they want to discuss it here, they're welcome to discuss it here.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:00 pm

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tom911
Might as well just shut down FT and have all the discussion on blogs. There is no requirement here that a member has to take their discussion to a blog. If they want to discuss it here, they're welcome to discuss it here.
^
Old May 18, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: ALL OF THEM, NO STATUS ON ANY OF THEM!!
Couldn't say that better myself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.