Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old May 16, 2013, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do NOT post requests for transfers in this thread. The moderators are working on a more orderly solution.

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing is to be offered for sale or conditioned on an exchange of money or barter.
Print Wikipost

Google Wallet - Send money with Gmail

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by dafeij1
Great work detective. A screenshot is hardly sterling evidence, so I'll wait for others to confirm as I'm sure it's the default email. It came from commerce-support at gmail.com
A screenshot would've been more credible if it had been posted soon after it was asked for but it wasn't so I edited my post to say it's fake.

Why would you edit the content of the email after you posted it? Doesn't look very good.
Old May 16, 2013, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Question

Originally Posted by dafeij1
Great work detective. A screenshot is hardly sterling evidence, so I'll wait for others to confirm as I'm sure it's the default email. It came from commerce-support at gmail.com
Post (or PM) the email message full header?
Old May 16, 2013, 9:29 pm

Actually, now that I've had a chance to look at it again, the google nastygram I was privy to had the exact same wording (sorry, I can't share as I don't have permission). It would seem google looped in some FTers to test their fraud detection capabilities.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Actually, now that I've had a chance to look at it again, the google nastygram I was privy to had the exact same wording (sorry, I can't share as I don't have permission). It would seem google looped in some FTers to test their fraud detection capabilities.
Which lawyer would ever say 'rack up airline miles' and 'lots' in a legal document. It is very unprofessional! Give me a break! I'll believe until I get one myself. Until then, I will continue to to use this service according to my terms.

Last edited by wpast; May 16, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Old May 16, 2013, 9:50 pm

I don't think lawyers are sending the emails. If you look at the one liners that show up when you try to send a million bucks you'll see a lot of similarity. Your choice to live on the edge, good luck.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
I don't think lawyers are sending the emails. If you look at the one liners that show up when you try to send a million bucks you'll see a lot of similarity. Your choice to live on the edge, good luck.
Why would I do something like that? Haven't we all learned from the mistakes made by those who abused Paypal? I'm extremely grateful for those who made them.
Old May 16, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by wpast
Which lawyer would ever say 'rack up airline miles' and 'lots' in a legal document. It is very unprofessional! Give me a break! I'll believe until I get one myself. Until then, I will continue to to use this service according to my terms.
Software industry types (non-lawyers) tend to be pretty informal. Google's corporate motto is "don't be evil." Not exactly lawyer-talk.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:03 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
For those who got the notice, how much did you send?
Old May 17, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
How can I enable my Send Money function !
Old May 17, 2013, 2:03 am

I finally got someone to send me money with a little work. Now I have the send money feature and it's everything that I hoped it would be.

Now Google just needs to bring on Google Auctions! eBay needs a competitor.

If anyone wants an invite feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Jerfer; May 17, 2013 at 11:37 pm
Old May 17, 2013, 2:26 am

Programs: UA Plat, AS Gold75k, WN CP, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by happy9zz
How can I enable my Send Money function !
The quickest way is to have someone send you money first through Google Wallet. Then you'll be able to.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
Do we need to complete the Identity verification by SSN on Google Wallet for sending/receiving money?

I have a google wallet account but don't have a gmail.
Do I need to use my real name for gmail?

I don't want to give too much information to google...
Old May 17, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by supergrandslam

Google already knows what you want to eat for dinner tonight (even if you don't)

Do you really think they don't know your SSN?
Old May 17, 2013, 5:55 am

Yep, they require your SSN. They also require your birthdate. I'm sure they match your name and birthdate to your SSN.

Originally Posted by supergrandslam
Do we need to complete the Identity verification by SSN on Google Wallet for sending/receiving money?

I have a google wallet account but don't have a gmail.
Do I need to use my real name for gmail?

Old May 17, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: WN A-List, AA, UA
Datapoint:
Bank account verified fine, testing transfer from google wallet to bank account directly. Looks like everything is working so time to test larger amounts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.