Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:01 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by shoreline
This is because they basically place a 'hold' on a cancelled transaction for 7 days. If the merchant does not claim it, then (and only then) it gets credits back to the VR GC.

If it does not appear back on the VR GC after 7 days, if you call in the CSR can credit the card back while you are on the phone.

Key here: AVOID Cancelled transactions, if they cannot be done (due to errors) you may simply have to wait it out.

ahhh...this may be the work around to get a cancelled transaction refund quicker. However, if this is not available, after 7 days you can just call to get the card credited back.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but calling WM and opening a ticket isn't an automatic fix. I had same exact issue as the OP...waited 10 days...no refund onto my vanilla visa. Called vanilla...they said transaction went through, WM has the money. Called WM, eventually got thru to accounting office. Very nice girl there said WM never got the money, the transaction never even cleared the "processing"stage (whatever that means), and that the problem is on vanillas end. She even called vanilla for me, and escalated herself to a vanilla supervisor! Bottom line, vanilla told her all she could do was file a dispute against WM, and the process would take 6 weeks to sort out. Since she was a WM employee, she obviously couldn't file a dispute against her own employer, so I'm now left with calling back vanilla myself and opening a claim.

My take home message is if you have a failed pin transaction with vanilla at WM, you could have a world of problems.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by ramkashyap
Why would you buy VR with VISAGC? Sounds like a waste of $7.90.
Because the walmart nearest to me is 30 miles away
Use AP to cashout the $200 gc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.