Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non Pharmacy Bean Locations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 7:18 am

So circled around to my new place--or one branch thereof--and the cashier says "these are blacked out".

So I did what any good FTer would do: I panicked and decided THE END OF ALL THINGS WAS NIGH.

Turns out that, after frantically visiting other places--one of which I STILL haven't found a cashier who knows how to run these (which would explain why there are so freaking many there)--that is NOT the case and disaster averted.

The first location, however, has pulled all their beans off the rack. I would have been HAPPY to port them to a friendlier location, but no one asked me.

The weirdest part, though, is that my original post of 10/21--I still haven't been billed. Not pending, not posted, not nothing. I tried to go back in there and explain because I don't want the gravy train to end because of me, and they said to wait a while.

Waiting...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just noticed on the VR website that WalMart is listed as a place to purchase VR's, has anyone encountered this yet?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just noticed on the VR website that WalMart is listed as a place to purchase VR's, has anyone encountered this yet?
I am 95% sure than it will be cash only.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:46 am

I thought WM has been listed for a long time. I remember seeing it on the old site, but I have never seen VRs in my WMs in DFW (and trust me, I've looked). It's a shame too bc my WMs are coded as grocery stores for some unknown reason. I have heard reports of people seeing them in WMs, but the common thread I've noticed is that they are the smaller WMs (maybe SuperCenters don't carry them?) For example, I have a family member in AR that has seen them in his small WM (so small it doesn't carry food so we're talking old school). If anyone sees them in DFW, would love to hear about it.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:28 am

WM has been there since the beginning since you can load your BB with a debit card for free at the registers or the kiosk.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by Superorb
WM has been there since the beginning since you can load your BB with a debit card for free at the registers or the kiosk.
yeah that's may be what they are meaning by listing Walmart as one of locations - swipe reload via Vanilla Network back end to BB (or maybe any other compatible to Vanilla card, but for a fee) at register...
(Kind of like Dollar General style, reload at register, but even without using that intermediate "in-store use only" VR).
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:38 pm

no, let me handle this one, guys, i've been waiting for this for a long time.

Since it appears you are new to this,
really shows you need to read this thread....
It appears that you haven't been reading this thread that long as if you had you would know that
Call the store and speak to the manager.
see what they say, no one on this board can answer your question....
My suggestion is to take a day and just explore, Flyertalk's (TF) web site is pretty self explanatory and is very easy to figure out...
Yeah read this thread and others threads in the manufacture spend forum.
My suggestion is, read this thread from the beginning all of your questions and more will be answered....
Educate yourself before playing this game, will save you lots of time, money and head aches.
These people want to get into the CC churning hobby, they need to understand the rules first..

ladies and gentlemen, FlightNurse's 10 greatest hits, volume Last Month!

Now if we could just catch vagrants asking a dumb question...
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AveApostle
no, let me handle this one, guys, i've been waiting for this for a long time.

ladies and gentlemen, FlightNurse's 10 greatest hits, volume Last Month!

Now if we could just catch vagrants asking a dumb question...
The last time Walmart was even mentioned in this thread was before you even joined FT ....
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
The last time Walmart was even mentioned in this thread was before you even joined FT ....
ah, yes. glad you mentioned that. but I took the advice s/he so freely (and often) dispenses and READ the FREAKING THREAD.

dismissivehandwave.gif
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
now if we can get store GCs to buy GCs...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Lifetime PE, Hilton Dia, WN CP, Hyatt Plat
MS in Michigan

I'm going to be spending a week in Michigan in a few weeks. I will look over the VR website for dealers but if anybody wants to PM me with possibilities, I'll be your best friend
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AveApostle
ah, yes. glad you mentioned that. but I took the advice s/he so freely (and often) dispenses and READ the FREAKING THREAD.

dismissivehandwave.gif
I didn't know I made such a lasting impression on you. My question was a not a noob questions, more of a statement, big difference.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pinguy
I'm going to be spending a week in Michigan in a few weeks. I will look over the VR website for dealers but if anybody wants to PM me with possibilities, I'll be your best friend
Post back what you find, looks like I'll be in the Ann Arbor area for a couple of week, of course I couldn't be there when the weather was better.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: Too many.
Which part of MI will you be in? In western part of the state, along 31 from state line up to Muskegon, I usually find beans at CVS. YMMV with Wesco and Speedway stations. There's a Holiday station in TC that has them, but cc use requires manager override. SuperAmerica station along 94 has them (I think its near Stevensville), but also very spotty on accepting CC. Always looking for friends, but outside of GR, not a whole lot of competing players, so no problem in disclosing. I've not hunted in Detroit/Ann Arbor area for over a year, so can't help you there.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Msmcmotown
Which part of MI will you be in? In western part of the state, along 31 from state line up to Muskegon, I usually find beans at CVS. YMMV with Wesco and Speedway stations. There's a Holiday station in TC that has them, but cc use requires manager override. SuperAmerica station along 94 has them (I think its near Stevensville), but also very spotty on accepting CC. Always looking for friends, but outside of GR, not a whole lot of competing players, so no problem in disclosing. I've not hunted in Detroit/Ann Arbor area for over a year, so can't help you there.
Speedways don't take credit cards for them anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.