Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:55 pm

How do you guys send money to your checking account? Do you enter yourself as Payee in Bill Pay? I could enter my wife's name/account.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
I've already hit my limits for December, and will be gone for the month of January. I am not very tech savy, so what is a VPN? My other sister tried using the PP reloads from Ireland, but the website was blocked for her, most likely since she was not in the USA.

As for burning through 10k in a day, are you guys also reloading OneVanilla permanent cards in addition to BB? I only have one BB account in my wife's name since I haven't opened one in my name for fear of causing problems with my 3 real AMEX accounts.

Another question, I have the Serve account and tried to open my own BB with the starter pack from Walmart, but the website wouldn't let me. I am sure it has been covered in the thread, so please forgive me for asking, but to open the BB in this situation, do you have to call and ask them to cancel your Serve account first, or is there another/better way?
have you figured out what would you do in January? I am in similar situation!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I had a manager not sell me a VR with an Amex Gift card since in his words, people are stealing old folks social security debit cards and then putting it on other gift cards. I told him my $3000 gift card was registered to my name and address, but no go, so moved off to another store. I don't worry about the Hilton card, just buy the Amex Gift Cards at BigCrumbs for the rebate and the miles with the payment card and then use the gift card to buy the beans and other gift cards, With the rebate pauing the $3.95 per card fee for the beans, then use the balance under $500 on Amazon payments next month up to the limit on each account. Works for me over and over!

JudyJFLA
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
in my previous experience at another CVS store, the cashier who called herself a supervisor refused to let me buy Beans with my prepaid visa card, i got little mad but after thinking twice, i let it go cos I can understand the issue was becos there was no name on the prepaid visa card. She had valid reason to refuse the sale i think. but today at another store was just bit too much. First Says you can buy 2 each max to wasting our time to later saying I won't sell even one unless you now use debit card.
IF you hadn't argued, you'd have walked away with 2 instead of empty handed. That is the lesson you need to be reflecting on and not how poorly you were treated.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by IAkH
IF you hadn't argued, you'd have walked away with 2 instead of empty handed. That is the lesson you need to be reflecting on and not how poorly you were treated.
i never argued. the cashier/supervisor said OK to 2 max per person, we said ok, than she took away our cards with id to make some calls and says you guys live at same address and she can sell only 2 max regardless of the cards being different. We replied, we live at same address but our cards are different and it is not a same card. we were told to wait and comes back, I told her if she can only do 2 beans for 2 of us, it is OK cos that was what she said earlier but this time she says I WON'T SELL YOU ANY OF THIS, JUST USE A DEBIT WITH PIN.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by emptiness
The one cvs store up north had its supervisor refused to sell us the beans. We only wanted to buy 2 each. she says limit is 2, we told her that's fine and we know the limit is 2 per person per card. She than took mine and wife's card with id away made some call to someone, i think the card company and told us you live in same address and therefore you guys can only buy 2 max. I replied yes we live in same address but its our own individual separate card . Goes back and comes after 5 mins . I told her we will just buy 2 now if she can't do 2 each. She says "I AM NOT SELLING YOU THIS". that was very rude . I don't want to talk about the employee's race. Asked for manager and she says she is the shift manager although she was just a shift supervisor. There was no manager at that time to speak to. so We left empty handed ant bit shocked at how she dealt with us.
I have developed low tolerance towards these type employees. I pick up on their body language before refusing and I am in a hurry to walk away
Old Dec 20, 2012, 8:52 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Several posts have been removed because they included profanity or attacked the staff of retail stores. Attacks against employees of credit card issuers or retail stores are no different than an attack against another Flyertalk member. Posts which quoted the deleted posts have also been removed.

Last edited by mia; Dec 21, 2012 at 7:38 am
Old Dec 21, 2012, 8:48 am

maybe the Walmart employee I spoke to had no idea what she was saying, but when I went to load my BB at the customer service center, she asked if I was unloading the card.

I asked her no, but inquired what it is that she meant. Supposedly, you can take cash out of your BB account at Walmart. Enjoy.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IAkH
I think trying to argue with the poster that he bears some responsibility if as futile as the poster argueing with the cvs employee,

it is my privilage to by VR's from CVS with a credit card and a prepaid visa from OD, it is not my right, As long as i am polite and willing to accept no as an answer i dont think there is a problem
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:16 pm

My CVS which has been out of VRs for several weeks finally got about 20-30 in. The store manager who I have bought from a few times said the system is set to only reorder 10 at a time so she had ordered extra for me.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:20 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by kannon99
My CVS which has been out of VRs for several weeks finally got about 20-30 in. The store manager who I have bought from a few times said the system is set to only reorder 10 at a time so she had ordered extra for me.
+1
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by particlemn
it is my privilage to by VR's from CVS with a credit card and a prepaid visa from OD, it is not my right, As long as i am polite and willing to accept no as an answer i dont think there is a problem
^

Well said. Life as a cashier in a big chain store is often not exactly a bed of roses, and there's no need to heap your own abuse on those cashiers - they get plenty already. Walk a mile in their shoes before you look down on them and go out of your way to give them a hard time.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
^

Well said. Life as a cashier in a big chain store is often not exactly a bed of roses, and there's no need to heap your own abuse on those cashiers - they get plenty already. Walk a mile in their shoes before you look down on them and go out of your way to give them a hard time.
I am not sure if I would consider it a privilege. I mean, it's a business transaction, but that being said, I don't see any point in making this an issue with a cashier/supervisor who thinks they are doing the right thing. It's always best to walk-off, go to a different store, or come back at a later time. I mean, no point in aggravating the situation unnecessarily when the chance of a favorable outcome is slim to none...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
^

Indeed, same goes double for agents at the airport and clerks at the front desk. Until you've been in a front-line job it's difficult to imagine how very difficult it can be to deal with the public. There's no need to be rude or thoughtless to a cashier -- to their face or behind their back. Mia absolutely did the right thing by stepping in and shutting it down last night.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
I think trying to argue with the poster that he bears some responsibility if as futile as the poster argueing with the cvs employee,

shopping anything at any store is not a 'privilege" letting any customer walk is loosing the revenue and bad PR, such employees should get warning (cashier/supervisor or manager)... but who cares! cashiering is the easiest job in the world, if the register accepts - take the money, say thank you and please come back again! with a smile.....

Last edited by prasha11; Dec 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.