Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
As a data point, if you try to use a suspended card, it doesn't work.
MORE INJUSTICE!!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
So no evidence - just idle (and uninformed) speculation. Got it.
once tried to teach HS math to a KG class
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prasha11
once tried to teach HS math to a KG class
Good thing it wasn't spelling!

Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Sad party is over! Loyal $4.5K since July. Easiest points ever. Made last load yesterday and got shot down immediately. Now to wonder what will happen with my $2.5K?
Called the 1800 number and it is out of order! ...!
Hope to get a check back, most likely a credit back to my funding CC.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Sad party is over! Loyal $4.5K since July. Easiest points ever. Made last load yesterday and got shot down immediately. Now to wonder what will happen with my $2.5K?
Called the 1800 number and it is out of order! ...!
Hope to get a check back, most likely a credit back to my funding CC.
Let U load $2500 and then shut down your account? are U questioning WF intentions? U wish that happened before loading $2.5K? U not the only one. Some say WF reserve right to refuse, but hold money? No worries, most have got their money, so will U. keep us posted....
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:55 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by msp2anywhere
I'm thinking at some point we should start designing Medals/Ribbons/etc for getting shut down. I look at it as building street cred. One could wear them at DOs and FTUs. "Hey, you have the Mint ribbon- with three devices!"...
Got my WF Merit Badge today - shut down for trying to slip one past the goalie in the closing minutes of the game.

Loaded $2K 2 days ago. Received the email today.

I do note that the charge went through on my credit card though - so I assume they will be cutting me a check. Some consolation there.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:24 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Got my WF Merit Badge today - shut down for trying to slip one past the goalie in the closing minutes of the game.

I do note that the charge went through on my credit card though - so I assume they will be cutting me a check. Some consolation there.
I tried to do the same with the same results. It was fun while it lasted.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:33 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by steventravel
I tried to do the same with the same results. It was fun while it lasted.
are reloads limited to 16 days? i did 2.5k about 7 days ago.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy

If your card is still in their system as an active card to load from, they'll refund your balance to the card, not pay by check. My refund of my entire balance came about 4 days after the shutdown e-mail.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
If your card is still in their system as an active card to load from, they'll refund your balance to the card, not pay by check. My refund of my entire balance came about 4 days after the shutdown e-mail.
Exactly. I actually called in and was told I would receive a check but that was not the case. Lied to again
Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:08 am
Suspended

Not true. I received a check for the balance on my account.

edit: IIRC, I was closed the day I loaded but I got in an ATM before they shut me down. Only think I can speculate is they will refund to the CC if the entire load amount is there but a partial get sent via check?

Last edited by Stoughton; Apr 27, 2013 at 8:15 am
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: UA/AA
I had the same experience, loaded the funds, made an ATM withdrawal, and had my account closed all in one day. The check for the remaining funds arrived about two weeks later. I never bothered calling in since the show would be ending soon. Was good while it lasted.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 4:25 pm

I just made my last load today. We will see what happens but I was able to use over $500 of it today.

For anyone who isn't shut down yet. Have you thought about trying to load again after the first and see what happens?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
I just made my last load today. We will see what happens but I was able to use over $500 of it today.

For anyone who isn't shut down yet. Have you thought about trying to load again after the first and see what happens?
I was just about to close my account now that the balance is zero, but I think I am going to attempt another transaction after May 1 before closing my account.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123
I was just about to close my account now that the balance is zero, but I think I am going to attempt another transaction after May 1 before closing my account.
Let me know how that goes. I can't do another load till the 12th. I figured the worst that could happen is they send a check or refund the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.