Search

KUL min Transfer time

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
KUL min Transfer time

Hi everyone,

Am thinking of booking Dhaka - KUL - Taipei next month. I will book it on separate tickets with a fairly short transfer time in KUL (75 mins). I will have hand baggage only.

Is this doable? Will I have to clear any customs etc in KUL? and if there is a delay on the flight from Dhaka will MH help rebook? I am Oneworld Emerald if it helps.

Cheers
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: VS Gold
I had a similar thing when I needed to add a LGK sector to a SIN-KUL flight. MH CS said no you will need to collect your bags and check in at the counter.

On the day of the travel the check in staff was able merge/join the booking (with the help of the supervisor) and IW as check in all the way through.

I was warned that the owing to the 2nd leg being a separate booking that the airline wasn't responsible if delays occured.

Assuming that you can also do this you will not need to clear immigration. If the flight is delayed and you miss the 2nd flight it's likely to get messy. A penalty, fare differences or a new ticket are likely scenarios and all can be expensive.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
You'd also need to consider if you have the necessary visa status to enter Malaysia should that be necessary (ie delayed and miss your second flight). MH almost certainly won't help you for the second flight if you arrive late, as they see you you are originating in KUL and would be a simple 'no show'.

Are both flights both on MH? If different carriers, then check carefully which terminal you'll arrive into and then depart from. LCC's operate into a different terminal I think (best to check!).

ExpertFlyer tells me that on a MH-MH international connection with both flights on one ticket, that the minimum connection time is 60 mins. On separate tickets, I would never consider 75 mins to be sufficient to mitigate the risks involved. But we are all different!

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 24, 2024 at 2:01 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:48 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by studentflyer96
Hi everyone,

Am thinking of booking Dhaka - KUL - Taipei next month. I will book it on separate tickets with a fairly short transfer time in KUL (75 mins). I will have hand baggage only.

Is this doable? Will I have to clear any customs etc in KUL? and if there is a delay on the flight from Dhaka will MH help rebook? I am Oneworld Emerald if it helps.

Cheers
If both legs are on a 737 then you're fine (same terminal building), but if one's a widebody then you'll need to transfer terminals which at the moment requires a 10/15 minute bus journey (including the waiting time etc). There's no need to clear immigration.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Too much travel
If both legs are on a 737 then you're fine (same terminal building), but if one's a widebody then you'll need to transfer terminals which at the moment requires a 10/15 minute bus journey (including the waiting time etc).
I wouldn't say the OP is "fine" with 75 mins. It's doable but leaves little room for error. And it's not unheard of for widebodies to operate out of the Main Terminal (G/H gates) rather than the Satellite (C gates), and vice versa.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
IMO it is doable if DAC-KUL is on time. You can probably afford a 15-minute delay if arriving at and departing from different buildings, and a 30-minute delay if arriving at and departing from the same building. I would never book this itinerary on separate tickets because my risk tolerance is not that high.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 12:10 am

Programs: VS Gold
MH are not the most punctual airline and personally I wouldn't risk it.
Is it much cheaper to book 2 tickets?
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.