Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Connecting at LHR

I'm flying into T5 from the US with BA (in J) and have a 4 hr lay-over before a LHR-KUL with Malaysian in F out of T4. I'm not actually sure if I've flown out of T4 in the past.

I hear that the Malaysian Lounge in LHR is pretty rough around the edges so looking for advice on how you would spend time with those 4hrs? Stay in T5 (can I access BA First Lounge?), head straight over to T4 and use MA or A.n.other airline lounge (Qatar maybe?). Frustratingly during COVID I got downgraded to BA silver (although should be back up to gold post this trip) so I think that is One World Sapphire.

Thanks in advance,
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I don't know if there's an MA lounge in LHR, but the MH lounge is closed for good, if my understanding is correct (happy to be proven wrong though). It was their last overseas lounge.

Use the QR lounge instead.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Byrneand
... before a LHR-KUL with Malaysian in F out of T4. I'm not actually sure if I've flown out of T4 in the past.
Actually you've raised a good point. MH no longer has F, it's Business Suite. Not sure, even if there's a F lounge operated by another OW airline, will they recognise Business Suite as F or just J.

Slightly OT: We rarely see reviews of Business Suite in the post COVID world, appreciate if OP can post a review pertaining to the inflight service after your trip!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Actually you've raised a good point. MH no longer has F, it's Business Suite. Not sure, even if there's a F lounge operated by another OW airline, will they recognise Business Suite as F or just J.

Slightly OT: We rarely see reviews of Business Suite in the post COVID world, appreciate if OP can post a review pertaining to the inflight service after your trip!
Will try to remember - technically flying "F" LHR-KUL and "J" KUL-LHR so will be able to compare and contrast. Ideally I'll eb asleep for most of it!!

Just flew BA "F" and "J" last week so should have a decent recent comp.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Byrneand
Will try to remember - technically flying "F" LHR-KUL and "J" KUL-LHR so will be able to compare and contrast. Ideally I'll eb asleep for most of it!!

Just flew BA "F" and "J" last week so should have a decent recent comp.
If you’ve flown already may I know which QR lounge did you get access to at LHR?

QR has two diff lounges now at LHR, the premium one for J/F and “frequent flyer” one for OWS/OWE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.