Connecting at LHR

Old Sep 22, 22, 8:54 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Posts: 95
Connecting at LHR

I'm flying into T5 from the US with BA (in J) and have a 4 hr lay-over before a LHR-KUL with Malaysian in F out of T4. I'm not actually sure if I've flown out of T4 in the past.

I hear that the Malaysian Lounge in LHR is pretty rough around the edges so looking for advice on how you would spend time with those 4hrs? Stay in T5 (can I access BA First Lounge?), head straight over to T4 and use MA or A.n.other airline lounge (Qatar maybe?). Frustratingly during COVID I got downgraded to BA silver (although should be back up to gold post this trip) so I think that is One World Sapphire.

Thanks in advance,
Byrneand is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:29 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: MH, AC, AS
Posts: 1,967
I don't know if there's an MA lounge in LHR, but the MH lounge is closed for good, if my understanding is correct (happy to be proven wrong though). It was their last overseas lounge.

Use the QR lounge instead.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 5:08 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,668
Originally Posted by Byrneand View Post
... before a LHR-KUL with Malaysian in F out of T4. I'm not actually sure if I've flown out of T4 in the past.
Actually you've raised a good point. MH no longer has F, it's Business Suite. Not sure, even if there's a F lounge operated by another OW airline, will they recognise Business Suite as F or just J.

Slightly OT: We rarely see reviews of Business Suite in the post COVID world, appreciate if OP can post a review pertaining to the inflight service after your trip!
carrotjuice is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 6:43 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Programs: BA (Gold), Flying Blue (Gold), Virgin (Gold)
Posts: 95
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Actually you've raised a good point. MH no longer has F, it's Business Suite. Not sure, even if there's a F lounge operated by another OW airline, will they recognise Business Suite as F or just J.

Slightly OT: We rarely see reviews of Business Suite in the post COVID world, appreciate if OP can post a review pertaining to the inflight service after your trip!
Will try to remember - technically flying "F" LHR-KUL and "J" KUL-LHR so will be able to compare and contrast. Ideally I'll eb asleep for most of it!!

Just flew BA "F" and "J" last week so should have a decent recent comp.
Byrneand is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 6:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Posts: 259
Originally Posted by Byrneand View Post
Will try to remember - technically flying "F" LHR-KUL and "J" KUL-LHR so will be able to compare and contrast. Ideally I'll eb asleep for most of it!!

Just flew BA "F" and "J" last week so should have a decent recent comp.
If youve flown already may I know which QR lounge did you get access to at LHR?

QR has two diff lounges now at LHR, the premium one for J/F and frequent flyer one for OWS/OWE.
nomadabroad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread