Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Forward checked bags to final destination

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold CX Silver, HHonors Gold

Reaching out on this forum to get informed about the possibility to forward my checked bags to final destination.
Situation is the following:

I'm leaving from KUL to CGK with Malaysia Airlines and have an onward flight from CGK to HKG with Cathay Pacific on a different PNR.
All flights are on the same day with a lay-over at CGK of 3 hours. Flights arrive and depart from terminal 3 in CGK

For obvious reasons (e.g. visa on arrival etc) i'd like to check-in my bags in KUL with MH and have them forwarded to my final destination HKG. Is that possible ?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Haaienvoer
Reaching out on this forum to get informed about the possibility to forward my checked bags to final destination.
Situation is the following:

I'm leaving from KUL to CGK with Malaysia Airlines and have an onward flight from CGK to HKG with Cathay Pacific on a different PNR.
All flights are on the same day with a lay-over at CGK of 3 hours. Flights arrive and depart from terminal 3 in CGK

For obvious reasons (e.g. visa on arrival etc) i'd like to check-in my bags in KUL with MH and have them forwarded to my final destination HKG. Is that possible ?
Hi fellow Dutchman (so it seems from your username )!
Yes, this is not a problem especially since you fly on a OW-partner airline; done it myself several times. Just point out to the check-in desk staff that you have another booking, give them the booking code and they'll fix this for you.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you, i was hoping for this and the main reason i booked a MH flight.
And yes, a fellow Dutchman (living in HK)
quinzinho likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Most likely yes - if you ask nicely at the MH check-in counters at KUL. In the past MH at KUL has been checked bags to final destination for me without issue. You need to be able to show the CX ticket at MH check-in counters.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks, i'll have my Eticket available. Regarding "nicely", i'm of the opinion that travelling with a smile gets you a better service than travelling with a big wallet.

Last edited by Haaienvoer; Jun 9, 2019 at 2:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.