Search

Alcohol on short haul flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Alcohol on short haul flights

Hi all,

I recently flew KUL-DPS-KUL, and the outbound was officially just over 3hrs, and the return was 2hrs 50 or there about. Outbound was a 737 and return was an A330.

The point to this story was that alcohol was not available on the outbound as I expected, but on the return, to my surprise it was being offered!

So, was this an anomaly? Or was it a case of more galley space on the long haul aircraft?

Whatever the reason it was a nice surprise!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: NZ
It should have been available on the KUL/DPS 737 flight. Not sure what they are playing at here. Someone is commenting similarly on the other thread on this subject for a DPS/KUL flight.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. Very interesting. I suppose I cannot say 100% it was not on offer on the 737 flight, as I was not expecting it so maybe I just did not notice. But it certainty was not obvious/being proactively offered!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: NZ
I have found that you have to ask for it. In my experience they don't put it on the trolley. They certainly should have wine - I am not sure what they have beyond that (beer, spirits etc).
Old Nov 13, 2018, 12:33 am
Original Poster

That is probably the most likely reason why I never saw it!

Ill remember for next time.

As as a side note, they had beer and wine on the flight I noticed the alcohol. No spirits from what I could see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.